Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Bosch or Beru Spark Plug Wires?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
detoxcowboy
Bosch or Beru Spark Plug Wires?

What is the difference besides 2$ and does it matter?/
markb
I just put a set of Bosch on my 2.0 last week, and was not impressed with the lengths.
Cap'n Krusty
Beru. ALWAYS Beru, unless Bosch is the only thing available. For plug wires, Porsche and VW/Audi left Bosch decades ago. You should, too.

BTW, Bosch doesn't make a set for 2.0 cars.

The Cap'n
avidfanjpl
I have had both on mine, and although at first, the Beru's worked loose 3 times at the coil, I have had no further problems.

They are sharper looking in black than the gray Bosch, but make sure the cap and coil wires are really snugly pressed in.

I liked the Bosch in that they don't use the plug caps on the plugs, but I put new plugs in and they stay fine on the plugs.

John
914werke
QUOTE(markb @ Jul 30 2010, 06:28 PM) *

I just put a set of Bosch on my 2.0 last week, and was not impressed with the lengths.

agree.gif
Als914
Nology Hot Wires if you want to really experience a differance in car's performance.
rwilner
I got some magnecor's and am very happy with them. They're red, so if you're going for an OEM look they won't give you that.
detoxcowboy
QUOTE(Als914 @ Jul 30 2010, 08:38 PM) *

Nology Hot Wires if you want to really experience a differance in car's performance.

I had those and noticed nothing, after a couple months I sold them after reading they have caused strange issues on rare occasion for some people (not particularly 914 owners) because of the capacitors in the wires semi failing/...

Mainly I just found an excuse to get rid of them and get my money back..

They were no bad just not worthy of what they charge and claim..

Anything I noticed was in my head..
detoxcowboy
QUOTE(Cap'n Krusty @ Jul 30 2010, 07:14 PM) *

Beru. ALWAYS Beru, unless Bosch is the only thing available. For plug wires, Porsche and VW/Audi left Bosch decades ago. You should, too.

BTW, Bosch doesn't make a set for 2.0 cars.

The Cap'n

I am glad you said that.. I ordered Beru again but was sent Bosch, I did notice they were not copper end fittments, seemed maybe shorter in length, also the rubber caps did not seem to be the stytle that grip and keep the cable in contact like the Beru, also had to read the box to make sure they were the copper wires and not their aftermarketed other than.. Anyways they are going back..
Als914
QUOTE(detoxcowboy @ Jul 31 2010, 06:23 AM) *

QUOTE(Als914 @ Jul 30 2010, 08:38 PM) *

I had those and noticed nothing, after a couple months I sold them after reading they have caused strange issues on rare occasion for some people (not particularly 914 owners) because of the capacitors in the wires semi failing/...

Mainly I just found an excuse to get rid of them and get my money back..

They were no bad just not worthy of what they charge and claim..

Anything I noticed was in my head..

At the time the emisions law changed to even tougher regulations here in Ca. I couldn't get my car past the threshold requirement although I did as much to the car as I could and tried every trick with no luck. I bought a set, installed them, retested and the car passed. My spark plugs burned cleaner and my car ran with better all around performance. The spark I got from these are huge with no change to the coil. So, I like them and they are still on my car.
underthetire
I havn't been to impressed with the Beru wires either. Seems the little rubber boots for the tins shrank up right away. They also seemed to fit loose on the cap. Still running them with no real problems. I am looking forward to see if anything is better.
Drums66
I'd have to say Magnecor's or Nology. shades.gif
detoxcowboy
I think the response is to my not liking for their claim and worthiness the Nology wires not Beru.
Tom
Put a set of NGK's on mine 4 years ago. Blue in color and so far no problems and the fit/length/rubber boots to tin and cap is very good. Ordered them from Alleurasian for @ $20.00.
Tom
underthetire
QUOTE(Tom @ Jul 31 2010, 03:27 PM) *

Put a set of NGK's on mine 4 years ago. Blue in color and so far no problems and the fit/length/rubber boots to tin and cap is very good. Ordered them from Alleurasian for @ $20.00.
Tom

They don't list them any longer sad.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.