Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Best (cheap) way to ship wheels?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
RFoulds
My new 914 is sitting in Rockwall TX, and I gotta get her home. dry.gif But, almost as important as the car are the original wheels and tires.
Since the car now has Rivi's mounted, it will be easier to ship the car with those still on, but I need to get the original wheels and tires here somehow.

In the past, I have used Greyhound for big stuff. Anyone have any other options? Should I use a freight company?

Any thoughts??
TheCabinetmaker
If they are just wheels, put them in the car? They should fit even if they have tires mounted.
dr914@autoatlanta.com
QUOTE(RFoulds @ Jul 31 2010, 08:20 AM) *

My new 914 is sitting in Rockwall TX, and I gotta get her home. dry.gif But, almost as important as the car are the original wheels and tires.
Since the car now has Rivi's mounted, it will be easier to ship the car with those still on, but I need to get the original wheels and tires here somehow.

In the past, I have used Greyhound for big stuff. Anyone have any other options? Should I use a freight company?

Any thoughts??

you hit it greyhound. by far the cheapest.
charliew
Neat car parts and gun parts usually didn't make it to their destination by greyhound unless they were disguised several years ago for me. I bought some new winter tires and boxter wheels a coupla years ago from a dealer in Rockville, MD and the shipping to a local truck terminal in Waco, Tx. was cheap, I think it was less than 80.00, the shipper covered the freight and the wheels and tires cost about what a set of tires cost at discount tire locally.
Drums66
..On a greyhound bus!(go with them,take a trip) idea.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.