Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Okay SDS guys...
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
BMXerror
First of all, I scored a sweet deal on an SDS injection system. $900 for an EM4-4F, brand new in it's original bubble wrap! aktion035.gif Of course, I'll have to have some options installed but I already talked to the guy at SDS, and that shouldn't be too pricey.
My question is this. Have any of you guys run an SDS with a stock D-jet TPS? Can it be done? I've been in the shop for about two hours trying to get readings off of mine and all I've come up with is stromberg.gif. Help from those of you with experience would be much appreciated. beerchug.gif
Mark D.
Mark Henry
No, it will not work.

I have a SDS TPS modified on a stock TPS mount, what to buy it?

PM me tomorrow when I haven't had a few drunk.gif I'm indulging with friends right now...
davesprinkle
QUOTE(BMXerror @ Jul 31 2010, 09:35 PM) *

First of all, I scored a sweet deal on an SDS injection system. $900 for an EM4-4F, brand new in it's original bubble wrap! aktion035.gif Of course, I'll have to have some options installed but I already talked to the guy at SDS, and that shouldn't be too pricey.
My question is this. Have any of you guys run an SDS with a stock D-jet TPS? Can it be done? I've been in the shop for about two hours trying to get readings off of mine and all I've come up with is stromberg.gif. Help from those of you with experience would be much appreciated. beerchug.gif
Mark D.

The djet throttle sensor won't work.
hcdmueller
You can't use the D-jet TPS. It is the wrong type. You need a potentiometer type TPS. Here is the link to the TPS page on SDS EFI.

http://www.sdsefi.com/tps.htm

It doesn't actually matter which way the TPS is supposed to rotate. You can just reverse the outside wires on the connector to get the readings you need. There are several german cars that you can get a used TPS from. If I remember correctly certain Audi's and BMW's use a Bosch TPS that will work.
BMXerror
Thanks guys. As much as I know about mechanical stuff, I'm a bonehead when it comes to electronics. I've done all the research I can on the SDS system, but when it said 'potentiometer type TPS' I was like, "buh?" WTF.gif haha. Thanks Mark. I'll be in touch.
I've gotta send the ECU and loom in this week to get some slight mods done, and in the meantime I'm gonna have to start fabricating some mounts for all the sensors. I'm also gonna relocate the battery, and possibly add a new tach (this is getting expensiv-er). I have a feeling that this is gonna be a huge project to get done by mid-September while going to school and working full-time. biggrin.gif
Mark D.
clewett
QUOTE(BMXerror @ Aug 1 2010, 08:25 AM) *

Thanks guys. As much as I know about mechanical stuff, I'm a bonehead when it comes to electronics. I've done all the research I can on the SDS system, but when it said 'potentiometer type TPS' I was like, "buh?" WTF.gif haha. Thanks Mark. I'll be in touch.
I've gotta send the ECU and loom in this week to get some slight mods done, and in the meantime I'm gonna have to start fabricating some mounts for all the sensors. I'm also gonna relocate the battery, and possibly add a new tach (this is getting expensiv-er). I have a feeling that this is gonna be a huge project to get done by mid-September while going to school and working full-time. biggrin.gif
Mark D.

We have a TPS that goes right on the 914 throttle body and does not require an adapter if you're interested. It's the same resister type TPS that we use with our engine management kit. Check our web site at www.clewett.com in the catalog under sensors, item #9191-90

Richard
Mark Henry
This is the SDS tps and mount I have, plug and play on a stock 2.0 TB.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.