Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 914 bastard porsche????
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
ablose58
Whoever said that 914 porsches are the bastards are wrong! Today I went to kevins and between the trip there and back I encountered some of the best acknowledgements to date! smilie_pokal.gif 2 bikes that gave me the thumbs up,! 1 gentleman in an older 911 ducktail that also gave me the thumb! mueba.gif one elderly couple in a new boxter gave me a huge wave and horn toot boldblue.gif and a big wave from a couple in a 911sc wavey.gif Anyway it was inspiring! aktion035.gif MDB2.gif
72914S
No not basturd but ..."Love Child" from Volkswagon & Porsche. smilie_flagge6.gif
Mark Henry
QUOTE(72914S @ Apr 11 2004, 11:57 AM)
No not basturd but ..."Love Child" from Volkswagon & Porsche. smilie_flagge6.gif

Ever compared a VW bug to a 911?

The 911 is just a squashed, pumped-up bug. smile.gif

Try that one out at the next wine and cheese party. happy11.gif
bongo monkey
QUOTE(Mark Henry @ Apr 11 2004, 03:40 PM)
QUOTE(72914S @ Apr 11 2004, 11:57 AM)

Ever compared a VW bug to a 911?

The 911 is just a squashed, pumped-up bug. smile.gif

Try that one out at the next wine and cheese party. happy11.gif

356s are more similar to VW Bugs than 911s.

It'll still piss off the whine and cheesers if you use 356s instead, though.
djm914-6
On the way home from work Friday, I had a kid pull up next to me at a light and yell out "nice car". He was driving a 'Bling Bling' Mercedes ML SUV.
Mark Henry
A couple of 914 experiences...

I was at the at the Bowmanville Sunoco, filling my tank last year and the teenaged gas girl was checking out my teen saying "this is most beautiful Porsche I've ever seen...not like those bug-eyed ugly Porsche’s we get in here all the time..."
She would see P-cars, BMW's, Audi's, racecars etc. all the time, as it's the main turn off for the Mosport racetrack. I've seen some wicked cars in that gas station.

A kid in a bling-bling modified Acura blew pass me on the 401 (main expressway), I followed him at 100+mph then he slowed and let me pass. I dropped down to 80 and he followed me off into a roadside station/restaurant. He was all over my teen going "this is one sweet ride dude!"

Even a 911 guy I know, who races at Mosport and Shannonville, says he gets a kick out of 914's that spank 911's, etc on the track. He's never owned one but thinks they're cool.
dheinz
At Mid-Ohio Friday and Saturday, I had fun. The game was let the 911 turbo, 944 turbo, or ZO6 pass me. I would then pursue to the point where they would have to let me pass. After the run sessions, I would introduce myself as the guy in th 914. There were many smiles and handshakes thet I hoped would go along with a new found respect for the VW Porsche.
Seagrave
OK, so let's practice what we preach. If we want the uppity crowd to wave or otherwise acknowledge our Teeners, let's do the same for the Triumphs, Healeys, and other sports cars out there. We're all in this together against the Oldsmobiles gang.
EdwardBlume
When I'm in the 911, I track down 914s and tail em for a while, then wave. Its never a bad thing to show some appreciation. Alternatively, when I'm driving the 914s, I could give a rip because most newer Porsche owners just don't get it.

914s rule.
theol00
cavwpguy Posted on Apr 11 2004, 07:06 PM
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
When I'm in the 911, I track down 914s and tail em for a while, then wave. Its never a bad thing to show some appreciation. Alternatively, when I'm driving the 914s, I could give a rip because most newer Porsche owners just don't get it.

914s rule.

I agree - I made the same experience many times - most of the newer 911 drivers don't get it at all - yuppies - that really don't know what they are driving.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.