Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Where are the P-Cars?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Red-Beard
Welcome to Manhatten...

WHERE ARE THE P-CARS.

I'm used to seeing multiples a day in San Diego. 914's, 911s, Boxsters and an ocasional 356.

I haven't seen anything. Not even a 924 or a shark!

James confused24.gif
aufaber
80% of the porsches sold in the US are sold in California.
Red-Beard
Still, I was expecting to see some Boxsters....or Cayanne....

Yeah, and they gave me a Mustang convertible... wacko.gif
ArtechnikA
i've heard it said that the average unmolested lifespan of a Porsche in Manhattan is 90 seconds.

i've also heard the story of the woman who got a $500 loan against 911 because the bank promised it'd be kept in secure storage. she then went on a European vacation for a month and returned, paying off the $500 loan (with interest, a whopping $50 or so), having thereby obtained secure parking in NYC for less than $1.50 a day ...

i live about 2 hrs from Manhattan; i won't drive the 911 there -- i also live 6 blocks from a coach service that'll drive us there and back for $30 a person. if we hafta drive, it'll be in the Subie ...
vortrex
I go to NYC many weekends, gf lives there. I've seen later high dollar porsches but nothing vintage. there is a lot of money in manhattan, there's just nowhere to drive a car. having a vintage porsche in the city would be a nightmare. if you've got enough money for a high dollar porsche and place in manhattan you can afford secure indoor parking.
914werke
Just traveled fri. from Sea. hangin in Union NJ back and forth into "the city" P-cars let alone teeners are few and far between. Came for my Gran mama's 93'rd b-day. Tough ol bird.
Every time I come back I rememeber why I love the w. coast.

rolleyes.gif
jonwatts
I hear they are all in Jerry's garage.
Katmanken
And I quote my old college buddy Duggie Parker who's parents lived on Park Avenue.....

"we keep the Rolls in the city, and the other cars at the house in Jersey...." blink.gif

Ken
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.