11/1971
L80E

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment
DanT
is that the pick n pull on Monterey?

looks like there might be some decent parts there.
Mike Bellis
11/1976
L13K

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Mike Bellis
QUOTE(DanT @ Aug 3 2010, 07:02 PM) *

is that the pick n pull on Monterey?

looks like there might be some decent parts there.

1065 Commercial St.
Mike Bellis
I bought the Targa from the 72. It was mint! only a little dirty. even the felt headliner is perfect. $50
SirAndy
QUOTE(kg6dxn @ Aug 3 2010, 06:59 PM) *
914's at San Jose Pick N Pull, Pictures and VINs

Thank you Sir!

Added to the VIN database ...
smilie_pokal.gif Andy
tradisrad
now the white one is missing the bilstein shocks, the speedo and a few misc parts. the bilsteins had new 100lb springs and were only 16.99 each for the assy

there is not a ton of good stuff (for me) the front rotors looked good, but need cleaning. the calipers on the '76 may be good.

beware of the hornets living in the white car pass door
carl k
Your friend almost forgot the thermostat!

smile.gif

Carl K.
Mike Bellis
QUOTE(carl k @ Aug 4 2010, 04:36 PM) *

Your friend almost forgot the thermostat!

smile.gif

Carl K.

confused24.gif popcorn[1].gif
realred914
thanks kg6dxn!!!!!!!
tradisrad
Hey Carl,
Dave said someone else showed up. I was inside paying when he ran back to get the thermostat bellows. Too bad I did not see you. He told me someone else showed up. The thermostat was $1.80! What did you buy?
-Rob

carl k
Rob-

I had been there the afternoon before (in fact I said hi to the guy who bought the targa top and took the pictures), but didn't have metric wrenches with me so only got one bolt off the thermostat. I came back the next day and saw two guys pulling parts. I was waiting till you both were done since it's never comfortable to have two people working over the same hulk. Only when you were leaving did I figure out it was you. I saw the thermostat missing and since Dave had the part wrapped up in a rag, I deduced it was greasy hence the thermostat guess.

I needed the "taco plate" and sensor for my console install. I also grabbed the column switches in my never-ending attempt to have self-cancelling turn signals.

Carl
tradisrad
Carl,
too bad you did not approach sooner it would have been good to see you.
Dave was stoked that one bolt was missing from the bellows; he has bad hands and can't wrench anymore, I was in my work jeans (Dave brought me a dirty shirt to wear) so I would not have crawled under the car to remove it. good deduction.
We got the employees to remove the top shock nuts with thier impact wrench; I could not hold the strut and remove the nut with the tools we had.
take it easy
-Rob
Mike Bellis
Like a pack of Wolves. Stripping the carcase to the bone.
tradisrad
QUOTE(kg6dxn @ Aug 5 2010, 08:05 AM) *

Like a pack of Wolves. Stripping the carcase to the bone.

and loving every bite! thanks for the heads up.
Drums66
QUOTE(tradisrad @ Aug 4 2010, 12:53 PM) *

beware of the hornets living in the white car pass door

...Been there...got stung! laugh.gif
(another time....another car)
Nürburg Nomad
QUOTE(kg6dxn @ Aug 3 2010, 10:08 PM) *

I bought the Targa from the 72. It was mint! only a little dirty. even the felt headliner is perfect. $50

Wow, a deal! Plus that has to be one of the easiest and least time consuming parts to remove from a vehicle. I wouldn't mind having a spare targa top painted body color just to switch it up now and then! smile.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.