Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: German or not?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
bongo monkey
I was talking to my friend with a Triumph TR-6, and he mentioned that most of the Triumph owners he knew were British. I was just wondering if it was the same with the ol' Porsches.

So, how many of you are from the Fatherland?

Personally, I'm 1/4 German. All of my family sides were in America by 1912, but I still have my great-great-grandfather's Knight's Cross 2nd Class from the Austro-Prussian Wars. smilie_flagge6.gif
SpecialK
My Grandparents (Dad's side) met on the boat coming here (both from Germany, but different cities) in 1923. My Mother's is half German, half mutt...so I guess I'm a 3/4 German Mutt beer.gif
SirAndy
what can i say? born there and raised by wolves ...

drunk.gif Andy
jonwatts
The only German in me is under my fingernails.
djm914-6
Lets see, I've had a Triumph, love many cars from the area and not a bloody Brit. Not German yet I'm attracted to many German cars. Not Italian and love all things Italian. I like the old American cars before they killed off all of the personality and styling...

That it! there's my car connection. I'm part native American! laugh.gif The rest of me is French Canadian and Irish. Never owned a Camaro or Delorian.
Mark Henry
I am Canadian... eh!
Andyrew
No German here. I come from Norway/Sweeden (sp?)!

I wish I had some German..

Andrew
John2kx
Mother is german, father from USA, I was born in Germany...........guess that makes me half/half.

John
dheinz
look at my name wink.gif

I was drafted into the army in 1972 and spent 19 months in Germany. The cars, the Autobahn, you would have never known there was a fuel shortage. The 914 was relatively new and in great abundance there. I was a muscle car nut and don't recall even seeing a 914 before duty in Germany. I never forgot my first impressions of those cars and finally got my first 914 in 1979, a Ravenna green 2.0 with appearance group. It rusted away within three years.

The rig this past weekend at Mid-Ohio.
STL914
Grandparents on my fathers side were from Germany. Came here just after 1900. If I recall
correctly, they met after arriving in Milwaukee.
Huge German population there, which explains the beer beer.gif and suasage. smilie_flagge6.gif
Bleyseng
I am a mix of German, Austrian and Serb. Guys who know me on this board know that makes me a crazy guy! wacko.gif
airsix
QUOTE(dheinz @ Apr 11 2004, 06:14 PM)
look at my name wink.gif

Heinz, that's a great looking car. Lets see some more pictures. I've got a set of 911 SC flares and front arches I was planning to graft in over the winter. I'd love to see some closer shots of yours (I assume that's what you're sporting). What tire sizes are you running?

-Ben M.
SpecialK
agree.gif

Plus the Black and Chrome looks BAD aktion035.gif

My rears are SC but the fronts have nil. I was practicing with the hammer and dolly on the '75 Bucket-O-Rust, but a 'front fender transplant' might look cleaner.

Very nice car!!

Kevin
ablose58
mmmmmmm Let's see fathers name blose and mothers name frantz. I think that makes me german, grand parents, both sides are pa. dutch. beer.gif AL
dflesburg
I'm a 3rd generation American.

The family name is Swedish, other than that I'm a mutt, and I think most blue bloods are imbread weenies, although I would have done Princess Di.
Eddie Williams
Not German, but I was born there. Weisbaden '69. My dad was in the Air Force and mom was a Army brat. She baby sat my dad's bosses kids. It's a great story! Can't wait to tell my grandkids.
Scott S
Depending on the map and where the boarder is drawn (and which member of the family you ask) I am either all Dane or 50% Dane 50% German - which is weird because it's not like we just got here. The first generation here was my great great grand parents. Everyone in my immediate family has seemed to marry into the same ethnic group.

I wonder if I can play banjo..........
Bruce Allert
No Deutsch in mah blood but I do have a German name. Father was adopted wink.gif Was married to a full German..... Man, could she cook! beer.gif

.........b
theol00
Born and raised 20 miles from the Nuerburgring! smilie_flagge24.gif Next month I will have been 20 years in California - smilie_flagge6.gif
bongo monkey
Almost half of 914 owners are Ausländer. Wonder if it's the same for other German cars?
MattR
Half Italian, half american. Technically speaking, I have like a quarter german, but that goes back a LONG way (1600s) so for the record, Im American.
Hawk
I'm 100% Italian-American but was president of the German Club in H.S. Does that count?
And hey wait, we sided with you guys on the big one but had the good sense to give up early and get back to the pasta and meatballs and women. chowtime.gif
reverie
French on paternal side (Normandy district),
English on maternal side (Yorkshire county).

But it's the person inside that counts... beerchug.gif
drew365
I've got a German name, Ritter, but the ancestors were from Hungary. I'm pretty sure I've got some German blood because I'm pretty much an arrogant asshole. laugh.gif
SpecialK
No Deutsch in mah blood but I do have a German name

Interesting, I didn't realize that 'Bruce' was German idea.gif ..... wink.gif
Curvie Roadlover
If I'm to drive a car built in my homeland it would have to be a DeLorean. preferable with a flex capacitor! aktion035.gif
with some Dexies Midnight Runners blaring from the 8 track player laugh.gif
agentblr
Im 3rd generation German,our family name was Vonn Radder Kauf,Thank god my great grandparents shortened it to Rader beerchug.gif
GaroldShaffer
Grandparents on my Mother side were from England, moved to Canada.

Mother is from Canada eh?

Grandparents on Father side many many many years ago were from Germany

Father - Mutt

Meet my mother in Phoenix Az, yep I'm a Sundevil.

Moved to Indiana when I was 2yrs old.

So I guess that makes me a 1/8 German??

- Garold
Caveman
Ich bin auslander und sprechen nicht gut deutch!
Bitte, sprechen sie doch langsam!
wheelo
Ya, Ich habe dri yara im hoch schule ... spank.gif
Ich bin 1/8 Deutch, mine mutter namen ist Hauser.
Das bier ist gut und rehtieg ... beerchug.gif

Vie gehets smilie_flagge6.gif

PS -
I am real rusty with the Deutch!
no-one to talk with here in Calif.
Should have taken Spanish .... headbang.gif
asta manana.....
sechszylinder
hi folks,

it seems to me that i'm the only real german here wink.gif

greetings from berlin/germany smilie_flagge6.gif

ciao benno

and here's the proof ->
wheelo
Wow .... The Fatherland ... pray.gif

nice pic, very Euro, oops! wink.gif Glad you still like

us ugly American's (1/2 breeds) flag.gif

peace
jarbuthnot
One grand-parent was Pennsylvania Dutch, so I'm 1/8 German. The rest of me is all from the UK.
Zaney
beerchug.gif I think I was a genetically engineered beer drinker!

1/2 Irish (Paternal side) (Hot-tempered Redhead)
1/2 German (Maternal side) (Bavarian Blond)

The only thing that keeps me out of brawls is that I'm a Lover not a Fighter! wub.gif

But, after attending Washington State University a few years ago I know that that precious amber liquid is a staple in my Family Tree beer3.gif smilie_flagge6.gif

Anywho! Cheers to all in the 914 Family!
drunk.gif

Zaney
Howard
No German to speak of, all grandparents came from countries frequently overrun by the Germans laugh.gif

I do like German beer and cars, so it's possible grandma didn't tell grandpa the whole story.
TROJANMAN
2 of my cars were born in germany smilie_flagge6.gif
one is just learning to walk and the other should be getting out of the hospital soon.
and i was also a foster parent for 4 other german borns. oh, and one swede.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.