Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 914 included in top foreign cars to install american V8's.
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
realred914
231 (3.8) buick V6 in my 914. not an 8, but close
BigD9146gt
I like they label the 924... but the picture is of a 928 (which is what I would do with a 928). tool article.
tomeric914

"the 924 has insane suspension, but a candidate. "

WTF? The 924 has a VW Bug rear suspension. What's insane about that?
Cap'n Krusty
They've forgotten the Austin Healy 100/4 and the Sunbeam Alpine, once popular candidates for swaps.

The Cap'n
Cupomeat
QUOTE(tomeric914 @ Aug 5 2010, 08:33 AM) *

"the 924 has insane suspension, but a candidate. "

WTF? The 924 has a VW Bug rear suspension. What's insane about that?

Sure, INSANE!!! Like caring what those yahoos add for comments. Ah, the anonymity of the internet can be a powerfully idiotic tool. No reason to think/check what they write.

BTW, 924s are getting VERY rare as they were discarded faster than 914s in the ol' days and the basic parts are very hard to find. That being said, a V8 swap in a 924 or 944 results in the need to re-engineer the brakes as the vacuum power booster will not fit with the V8. The current best practice for this swap is to use the 993 AWD (C4 or Turbo) hydraulic booster brake system but you can imagine that those parts new cost more than the donor car AND the V8.

Oh and Tom, perhaps one could call the rear suspension in Your BUG, INSANE!
av-943.gif
tomeric914
QUOTE(Cupomeat @ Aug 5 2010, 09:51 AM) *

Oh and Tom, perhaps one could call the rear suspension in Your BUG, INSANE!
av-943.gif

Nah, the 2270 behind the rear suspension is the insane part.
DBCooper
QUOTE(Cap'n Krusty @ Aug 5 2010, 05:49 AM) *

They've forgotten the Austin Healy 100/4 and the Sunbeam Alpine, once popular candidates for swaps.

Yup. Too expensive now though.
anderssj
"5.) Volvo 240 / 740: They're boxy but good... and about the last car anybody expects to be hot rodded. Stuff a small block in one and you'll have the perfect sleeper."

Put a Mustang 5.0 into our 240 wagon almost 15 years ago, still going strong. Hope to swap the current AOD for a T-5Z later this year.
charliew
Anglia, Fiat, english fords, austin healey, vw, I even saw a masaratti sedan with a sbc in the 70's

On the power brake problem the gm diesels use the power steering pump to also power the mc.
Cap'n Krusty
QUOTE(charliew @ Aug 10 2010, 03:33 PM) *

On the power brake problem the gm diesels use the power steering pump to also power the mc.

So do lots of Audis.

The Cap'n
EdwardBlume
I saw a chevy V8 in a Fiat convertible once...
76-914
2 more : the "Monster Miata" ( I think they were mfg in Escondido?) and the Jaguar.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.