Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Cylinder 1 sucking in less air than others
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
tornik550
I have been having some issues related to my carbs (dual weber 40 idfs). So far pretty much all issues have been related to idiot mechanic and not the car (me). Now I am getting things on track however when I was syncing the carbs, I found that cylinder one sucks in less air that the other three cylinders. I am using a snail and the number on the snail reads 1 full point below all the other cylinders. I have always read that 1/2 point is ok but more than that is not. engine runs pretty well. i checked compression last week and that cylinder was almost the same as the others (5 psi off).

What should I look for other than the obvious of sock in the manifold, mouse in the manifolds, etc. The engine is very new with about 100-200 miles since rebuilt.

The only other thing that I could think to check was valve lash. I just really don't want to get under the car right now.

PS- all the air bypass screws are all fully seated. engine is a 2.27l. 2.0 heads. SS heat exchangers.

realred914
valves is good start, then intake manifoild leaks also.

good luck
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.