Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Four 914s in New Hampshire
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
jeffdon
And a bunch of other stuff

http://bringatrailer.com/2010/08/05/reader...hire-yard-sale/
Nürburg Nomad
Wow, I wish I was closer to stop and take a look! I could turn one of those old Mini's into a trailer or something! biggrin.gif

Funny comment by one of the "Bring A Trailer" users, I wish one of my cars had a "Frundlebody"!:

"Esconzaga
August 5, 2010 at 8:00 am
Just to clarify, I hope I don’t sound like I’m trashing anybody – some of these ‘collectors’ are the nicest guys, just introverted and a bit ‘different’, often just not interested in meeting lots of strangers to talk about cars, because the collecting is a personal thing.

In this case sounds like it was the Dad that the collector – maybe we’ll get more info on the history but I imagine if he’s like most he was as straight up guy as you’d want to meet as long as you’re not pestering him about needing a working set of 914 headlight motors and is he sure the ones from the yellow car work or would the ones from the blue car be better and does he know if the trunnions in the Gazelle would fit a Simmons-Johnson Frundlebody (the early style, pre-facelift Frundlebody that is…) and will he give the money back if it doesn’t fit or maybe trade it for a 3rd headlight motor and by the way when is he going to get to doing something with that Jag…"
Tom
I know of a smaller "collection" here in the PNW. Tried to get in touch with the guy several times, left notes, talked to a caretaker and all for naught. Saw a couple of 914's in bad shape, couple not so bad. Care taker of the property said he has a flared 914 in good condition in a barn. Wouldn't let me see it.
Also has some late 60's. early 70's muscle cars. What a shame!
Tom
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.