Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Rumors are parts arrived at Area51Werks. Thanks TC! Title change:
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
rick 918-S
I was lusting after these wheels when they were posted in the classified but couldn't pull the trigger. T.C. made me a deal I couldn't refuse. As a result I have been brainstorming trying to figure out what I can put them on. idea.gif

shades.gif Well I have it. There will be a 914 resurrection with these wheels being part of the theme for the car. I can't give too much away at this point but this thread title will change and morph into a build thread as things start to come together. Stay tuned for another assimilation. assimilate.gif

The photos below show the fit of these wheels. The fronts could actually work with stock fenders. The rears not soooo much.
rick 918-S
Click to view attachment
carr914
Glad they got there so quick. Let me know when the project is done, I'll come up for a drive driving.gif

T.C.
rick 918-S
QUOTE(carr914 @ Aug 5 2010, 07:20 PM) *

Glad they got there so quick. Let me know when the project is done, I'll come up for a drive driving.gif

T.C.

You betcha! aktion035.gif driving.gif
iamchappy
If you do TC, you have to stop here first.
Sleepin
Awesome!!!!! I wub.gif those wheels!
championgt1
agree.gif Those are sweet!
sean_v8_914
damn, I need those for teh 10jreen
jasons
You know I owned those wheels at one point Rick. I bought them off ebay originally. In fact those Ceronix boxes they've been traveling around in came from my work.

The build quality is great and I'm sure they weren't cheap to the first owner in the loop. I might give you some of your money back if you want to get rid of them!
BigDBass
drooley.gif

What are the dimensions? Who needs Mahle 5-lug gas burners when you can have that! smile.gif
carr914
They are F 16x8 & R 16x9.5
ghuff
Ummmmm those are seriously hot. <3 those wheels.
EdwardBlume
Neet! Should be grippy...

Are you texturing your rear bumper / valence?
rick 918-S
Thanks everyone! Glad you all like em, even more glad I was given the opportunity to own them. I actually had no project car for them. But I think I have the perfect car for them just need to be sure I can title it before spending any time or money on it. It's a top secret Area51Werks project car. I'll keep you all posted.
carr914
I tell you, one of the best things about the "World" is that most of us think of each other as Family that we have never met, but yet feel a connection to. These wheels have gone from ? to Jason to Aaron to me, and now to Rick with no inflated prices. I have been fortunate to have touched some real unobtainable parts, but if I'm not going to use them, then I pass them along

Can't wait to see what Rick does.

T.C.
rick 918-S
OK, so like I need to start another project... screwy.gif

But I have these cool wheels. aktion035.gif I have had this project in the back of my mind ever since I first saw these wheels. I had my used tires mounted on them for mockup purposes. The tires are 225/50/16's and 255/50/16's.

Click to view attachment

I was holding off because I didn't have a title for the car I wanted to use these on. Well I did recieve a title of sorts. I still need to get it transfered but here's the plan:

I'm going to take this car:

Click to view attachment

And either build a stripped down version of this car Eric Shea photo shopped Raspberry racer... drooley.gif

Click to view attachment

I have a set of steel flares and probably most of the stuff to rough it out.

Or.... Area51Werks will need a shop truck. So... I'm thinking the same stripped down bare bones euro hot rod pickup with a carbon black front lid and steel roof.

Anyone able to photo shop one of the pickup photos floating around?

Should I start a pole?
Andyrew
I like the shop truck idea!!! Get some use out of it!!!!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.