Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Rear brake pads.. need to drill out, but have a question
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
tod914
I'm ready to install my new rear pads. Been through a few posts mentioning the one hole needs to be enlarged. Now when I drill out the hole, does it need be proportionaly increased all around the inside diameter or just one hole dead center to accomodate the larger pin. Thanks.. What size bit you guys using btw?
realred914
it has been a while, but I have used a file to open it up, just need cleaance to prevent the pin and pad from binding. I reacall also I have used a drill before also, and kind of moved it around to make it ovalized. use the pin as a guide for diameter, make it a bit loose. it must not be a tight fit.

have fun
tod914
Thanks RR, I'll take the old pad to Sears and find a bit that fits the size hole, then file around to smooth it out.
Cap'n Krusty
You shouldn't have to file it if you use a new bit. The fit will be loose. Remember that the holes are NOT all in the same corner of the pad. I've seen cars with extra drilling .....................

The Cap'n
realred914
QUOTE(Cap'n Krusty @ Aug 6 2010, 09:48 AM) *

You shouldn't have to file it if you use a new bit. The fit will be loose. Remember that the holes are NOT all in the same corner of the pad. I've seen cars with extra drilling .....................

The Cap'n

yes but if you dont have a drill bit new or used, you can file the holes bigger.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.