Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Parting out a '74 911 - Value?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
patssle
Just a rough estimate, what could one expect from parting out a 1974 911 Targa with no engine/tranny and no interior trim/door panels? Assuming all the parts are in excellent shape.

I'm curious how much more it would be to part out rather than to just sell the thing whole and get rid of it - after my conversion.
dr914@autoatlanta.com
If it is a coupe and rust free someone will pay 4500 for it just for the car without the engine transmission. That would be the best way to move it quickly. Parting is a long process and you will then finally be stuck with what is left several years from now and end up with about 3500.00 worth of sales.

QUOTE(patssle @ Aug 6 2010, 11:42 AM) *

Just a rough estimate, what could one expect from parting out a 1974 911 Targa with no engine/tranny and no interior trim/door panels? Assuming all the parts are in excellent shape.

I'm curious how much more it would be to part out rather than to just sell the thing whole and get rid of it - after my conversion.

patssle
Yeah it is a PITA process. I was just getting the impression one could get more money out of that process.

Maybe not.
914Sixer
Right now the market for used parts is VERY slow. Look at Ebay for the page after page of parts with NO bids. Twice in the last 60 days, there has been no listing fee for lots of auction items.
orange914
QUOTE(914Sixer @ Aug 6 2010, 06:45 PM) *

Right now the market for used parts is VERY slow. Look at Ebay for the page after page of parts with NO bids. Twice in the last 60 days, there has been no listing fee for lots of auction items.

agree.gif
EVERYthing is on sale now
patssle
QUOTE(orange914 @ Aug 6 2010, 06:46 PM) *

agree.gif

Except 914-6 heat exchangers.

I have noticed Ebay is a bit slow with parts for our cars. Might be a good idea to hold on the car for post-recession.
Ericv1
QUOTE(patssle @ Aug 6 2010, 02:42 PM) *

Probably $2,500-$3,000 for a Targa with no engine and transmission and minimal rust. You can get more money parting but you have to weigh the amount of time it would take to strip and clean the parts into consideration.
carr914
I had a deal ( that the Fuchin Seller broke headbang.gif ) on a 76 Coupe a couple of weeks ago that was going to be $800 with the wheels & interior.

With a Targa with no interior, there isn't a lot left to part. Sell it whole for what you can & move on.

T.C.
EdwardBlume
QUOTE(orange914 @ Aug 6 2010, 06:46 PM) *

agree.gif

I guess that makes it a good time to BUILD a car.... he he.... shades.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.