Doof! Duh erf?

.4 mm .016in. point gap

1974 2.0 Stock
anderssj
QUOTE(detoxcowboy @ Aug 6 2010, 08:40 PM) *

Doof! Duh erf?

uff da!
detoxcowboy
Long Day; CV Joint Failure yesterday, Rebulding Distributor tomorrow.. Caught in the mentally middle of both, ,. Darf Buh Doof Da!!
dr914@autoatlanta.com
better of setting the dwell 50 degrees

QUOTE(detoxcowboy @ Aug 6 2010, 05:40 PM) *

Doof! Duh erf?

.4 mm .016in. point gap

detoxcowboy
QUOTE(dr914@autoatlanta.com @ Aug 6 2010, 06:38 PM) *

better of setting the dwell 50 degrees

QUOTE(detoxcowboy @ Aug 6 2010, 05:40 PM) *

Doof! Duh erf?

.4 mm .016in. point gap

50 is the best of 44-50?
detoxcowboy
This is my situation with the dizzy..

My Crane xr700 gave me problems once a year ago and recently it was giving me false reading(3500rpm) and high idle at warm up(2200+) and somewhat normal resopnse when warm.. drove me crazy trying to figure that one out.. the shutter had been rubbing slightly though never obviously ect.. so I am going to points though I have no experience with them,..

My ground strap on my breaker plate was broken to boot.. I fashioned one temporarily and had help with putting points in at same time..

So I bought a dwell meter and timinmg light.. got an excellent breaker plate and new trigger points.. points and condenser and vac can..

but have no experience in setting it up, I want to be able to fix it or adjust it on the road whether on not I have my dwell meter,

I have been trying to only bring small tool assortment with me on road trips.. the tool box keep bashing my rear trunk cd player
and in no way can it go in the front as I have a Macintosh amp up there that is way to excellent and has a glass face.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.