Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 914 Body Kits-Let's see em
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2
seanery
was that car on ebay last year?
physician
QUOTE(9146986 @ Apr 13 2004, 04:42 PM)
Does this one count? I just had to sieze the chance to blatantly exploit my work!

PK cool.gif

btw the flairs ARE buttwelded

damn it look great, those wheels and your dark blue top variation, look awesome.. remind me of the one i was looking to buy 2 weeks ago....look clap56.gif
Brad Roberts
The oil cooler in the green car wont last long in that location (or it doesnt work well). It will get HAMMERED with rocks/crap and it wont work well if they installed a shield 1 inch from it.

Dino... our club member "Bowlsby" has a something like 300 LE vins. He knows when they started and when they stopped production. Do a search on his name.

B
IronHillRestorations
QUOTE(seanery @ Apr 13 2004, 05:23 PM)
Is that the 3.0 six with white interior that was Al's dad's?

Yes, this is John Swanson's car with the light gray interior. It's got a 3.2 build up on a euro carrera 3.0. Webers, GE60 cams, B&B stainless headers w/heat, front mounted oil cooler, Mayeur kit, GT stiffening kit+, total bare metal restoration

The Boxster 17's require spacers.

PK cool.gif
seanery
well then, those pictures don't do it justice, that is a gorgeous car!
3d914
OK, here are some body types I've come acrossed.

914 Ferrari
IPB Image

Another
IPB Image

This was a custom job from NM if I recall correctly. Engine was Turbo'd 4-cyl. Of course we know you can't do that!
IPB ImageIPB Image

And my favorite: Beach Boys Racing:
IPB Image

PS: I have several other nice ones, but they're not posted on the web. I hate that we can't just upload them & post - or am I missing something?

Enjoy!
IronHillRestorations
With that Beach Boys Monterey you'd have plenty of places up front for an oil cooler, a a/c condensor, and a cooler for your beer!

PK cool.gif
SirAndy
QUOTE(3d914 @ Apr 14 2004, 06:02 AM)
or am I missing something?

you can ... one at the time. you need to make a new post for each pic and attach it to the post.

nice photos! smilie_pokal.gif Andy
neo914-6
914 Ferrari

That looks like a Fiero based kit (unless they severely raked the windshield, removed the wing windows, and didn't use the stock hood).
neo914-6
Another Ferrari body kit. I know the owner of this car and the body shop. Side story is that he converted MR2 engines into a wide bodied Renault LeCars.
neo914-6
interesting dash
neo914-6
Notice why many of these rebodied kits don't work? The windshield isn't raked or curved to match the rest of the body lines!
MattR
Yup, I totally agree. Ive seen so many Lambourghini wanna-bes on Fiero chassis' and its rediculous. Some needs to tell those guys it doesnt look that good!

I think the best, and in my opinion only, rebody thats worth a damn is the Ferrari 250 GT on a Datsun 240Z chassis. It looks really good, I think. The only problem, is you can't immitate the ferrari sound with a Nissan inline six or even the chevy sbc conversion some guys do. Other then that its pretty close (probably because Nissan was 'inspired' by Ferrari on the design of the original Z).
neo914-6
Here's another AIR? kit with a big wing that I saw at a Pomona Swap Meet in the early 80's. Not all show as it had a turbo V8. I have the article as well...
Brett W
That car is the one that Rod Simpson used in his literature. The car was featured in Hot Rod Magazine a few years ago. Looks really good in my opinion.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.