Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Trade: Complete FI for 2.0 for duel carb setup
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WTB: 914 Parts
LotusJoe
I would like to trade a complete and working stock fuel injection on my LeMons car for a duel carbs setup. Under the rules of Lemons I'm very limited on the amount of money that can be spent on modifications. However there is no restriction on trading things. An older duel setup is perfectly fine. I'm just trying to squeeze a bit more power out of the tired old 2.0. We plan to run again at Button Willow in December.
IPB Image
Local trade would be preferred. I'm located in Southern California.
Thanks
RiqueMar
QUOTE(LotusJoe @ Aug 6 2010, 09:35 PM) *

I would like to trade a complete and working stock fuel injection on my LeMons car for a duel carbs setup. Under the rules of Lemons I'm very limited on the amount of money that can be spent on modifications. However there is no restriction on trading things. An older duel setup is perfectly fine. I'm just trying to squeeze a bit more power out of the tired old 2.0. We plan to run again at Button Willow in December.
IPB Image
Local trade would be preferred. I'm located in Southern California.
Thanks

I might be able to help, any types in particular?
BarberDave
smilie_pokal.gif

Inless you are splitting the case and changing to a cam for carbs, carbs produce LESS H.P. than the stock F.I.

That defeats`your porpose of more H.P. .if you are haveing F.I. problems
since Vacumm runs F.I. check all hoses and connections . That is is uselly the

cause of most F.I. problems. Let use know . And we will proceed from there.

Dave slap.gif
LotusJoe
Thanks for reply Dave,
It's mainly a reliability issue. As you may know the LeMons race is an endurance race. We use 6 drivers. At Button Willow we will be racing from 10am till 5pm on Saturday and 10am till 4:30pm on Sunday. When we ran at Thunderhill, we were plagued with trigger point problems the whole weekend. First it was the trigger points, then the fuel pump died, then a coil went, then the alternator. We did manage to finish the race but we were in the bottom of the standings. You also need to take into consideration that up till a couple of days before the race that engine had not run in over 10 years. We did almost nothing to the engine. I'm just trying to simple things out so we can race rather than spend our time in the pits fixing the car.
JRust
QUOTE(LotusJoe @ Aug 7 2010, 01:05 PM) *

Thanks for reply Dave,
It's mainly a reliability issue. As you may know the LeMons race is an endurance race. We use 6 drivers. At Button Willow we will be racing from 10am till 5pm on Saturday and 10am till 4:30pm on Sunday. When we ran at Thunderhill, we were plagued with trigger point problems the whole weekend. First it was the trigger points, then the fuel pump died, then a coil went, then the alternator. We did manage to finish the race but we were in the bottom of the standings. You also need to take into consideration that up till a couple of days before the race that engine had not run in over 10 years. We did almost nothing to the engine. I'm just trying to simple things out so we can race rather than spend our time in the pits fixing the car.

Understandable. The one benefit I see with carbs is. While it may not run perfect it damn near always will still run. FI is the best when it's working right. Just odds are when it isn't you can't drive it. Wish I still had the dual 44's I just sold. I'd probably trade for a known working FI if it was for a 74 2.0. Good luck I would think someone wil jump on it biggrin.gif
the head
Joe from one 914 lemons driver to another be sure and document your trades dont want to get stuck because they think carbs cost more then FI...we did the same with our 71 1.7

be sure to clean and rebuild them remember swapping guts inside a weber cant really be documented by the Judges. Also just as piece of mind may want to consider going to a pertronix unit our point cam was worn as hell next to impossible to keep the car running until we switched.

LotusJoe
QUOTE(the head @ Aug 23 2010, 02:12 PM) *

Joe from one 914 lemons driver to another be sure and document your trades dont want to get stuck because they think carbs cost more then FI...we did the same with our 71 1.7

be sure to clean and rebuild them remember swapping guts inside a weber cant really be documented by the Judges. Also just as piece of mind may want to consider going to a pertronix unit our point cam was worn as hell next to impossible to keep the car running until we switched.

Thanks for the advice. We have good documentation and have not had an issue so far. We have since switched to Petronix.

Joe
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.