Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 914 gathering in woodland hills aug 29
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
twash
On august 29 in the california"s own S. F. valley at the the West Field mall , corner of Topanga & Erin. The popular meeting spot for hot cars will feature PORSCHE as the mark. at this gathering all 914 are invited to attend, there will be some very cool 914-6 cars on display starts around 7 am
campbellcj
Cool - I will try to be there. Who is putting on the event? Or is it one of those "word of mouth" informal gatherings i.e. cars n' coffee type of thing?
914_teener
Been thinking of a valley to beach ride to end the Summer.....Angeles Crest has been closed.

Is it a sponsored event like was asked.....more info please.

Thanks
euro911
There used to be a 'car' gathering at the Village Coffee Roaster in the shopping center at Muholland Dr @ Calabassas on Sunday mornings. Rumor has it that some store owners were upset with all the parking spaces being used by the non-buying public and were clamping down on the event. Has that venue been moved to the Westfield Promenade? unsure.gif

Westfield Promenade is @ Topanga and Erwin.
campbellcj
Bumping this one -- it looks like I will be able to be there at least for a little while, so let me know if anybody wants to try to connect there.

Highly unlikely that I will be there by 7am, though...
gary gartner

yes, this is the VCR successor, sponsered by "The Auto Gallery"

Just north of the 101 on Topanga Canyon
you can check it out on
http://www.autoblog.com/2010/01/17/superca...vived-in-socal/

I thought I had missed the date while I was on Vacation.
I will be there, I pretty sure

Gary
7TPorsh
http://www.supercarsunday.com/
campbellcj
Ahh, thanks for the info. So 8/29 is Porsche day and 9/5 will be Ferrari + Lambo!

I hope to see some other 914 guys there.
gary gartner

icon_bump.gif icon_bump.gif icon_bump.gif

driving.gif

Gary G
TRE Cup
Auto Gallery will be there , as well as other vendors, sponsoring the event in general- not just for teeners
a fair amount of teeners are meeting there at 7:30 so we can park together. its usually all over by 10-ish

depending on interest, a nice run (gotta behave with lots of CHP out at that time) over the hills to PCH for early lunch at Dukes. Gotta be a lot cooler on the beach compared to the SFV !

We have a handful of 6-s already committed. would like to see 4's subies, and v-8's too !
campbellcj
Heck, I might even clean the dust off my car for this. wink.gif

Weather.com shows it should only be in the mid-70's on Sunday unlike the 100+ today...if you believe them (I don't).

euro911
I need to get back to working on at least one of our (non-running) cars ... been a long time since I've driven a Porsche (or even a VW/Porsche) dry.gif
jim_hoyland
Hmmmm...sounds interesting. Gonna try to make it. Am I correct: 101N to Topanga, then Right on Topanga ....
levonfarra
Bumpini
7TPorsh
anyone go? pics?
campbellcj
I was there and it was pretty cool -- HUGE turnout of interesting cars. Lots of Porsches but they were still only 20% of the cars at most.

I have some pics including some 914s and will post them later.
campbellcj
914 photos. All sixes as far as I know:

IPB Image
Porsche 914-6 by cjcam, on Flickr

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image
Porsche 914-6 GT by cjcam, on Flickr

IPB Image

I'm uploading my other shots to Flickr as I post-process them, which will take a few more days. The set is here: http://www.flickr.com/photos/cjcam/sets/72...3577941/detail/

This coming weekend is featuring Ferrari & Lamborghini and I will try to make it if feasible. Judging from the cars yesterday, there should be some truly stellar stuff there.
campbellcj
OT but I went again today and the Ferraris and Lambos were out in force. I can't say I have ever seen so many in one place before, including at the Corral at the Monterey Historics.

I got there a bit later and the light was awful today, but I shot a bunch of photos anyway and will post some up as time permits.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.