Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: WTB: 16" aluminum halves for Kinesis-Etoile rims
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Mueller
Kinesis no longer imports/supports the Etoile 3-piece rim line, in fact I have no idea if they are being made at all.

I've tried to do a search, but the name Etoile seems pretty common in France (manufacture of these rims)

Currently all four rims are 16x9's....I'd like two of them to be 8's.....so, I need 2 6" inboard halves.

and yes, I'm going to post this under the classifieds as well.........
seanery
so, did you end up winning that auction?
Mueller
not bad for $100 total...no shipping, the guy lived 20 minutes away from my job..........

Brad and Britian saw them yesterday, Brad was shocked to find out another car make used the 4x130 bolt pattern.

a little bit of smash.gif sawzall-smiley.gif welder.gif will be needed to get the rears under the stock fenders....think it'll look cool with 265/45/16's in the rear...sure it's overkill boldblue.gif
nebreitling
that's an unf-ingbelievable deal. nice job!
JmuRiz
Maserati rims eh, look cool...they'd look fitting on a ferrari as well. When you figure out how to get them to work you HAVE to post a pic!
jonwatts
Maybe dum questions but I'm not skeered to ask.

Do the halves have to be from this manufacturer? Do you think the bolt spacing around the rim would be the same as any other 3 piece wheel maker? Or, I wonder if you could get someone to sell you the back halves as blanks and you could drill them out yourself (not something I would attempt but you're a junior machinist smile.gif )

When it comes to 3 piece wheels I don't know jack squat.

IPB Image
Mueller
Jon,

Is there is a good chance BBS outer halves would work, I just need to find one to do a comparison...for a while the BBS rim halves had been a "standard" part and that even the Ronal 3- piece rims would interchange with them.

When you figure out how to get them to work you HAVE to post a pic!

If I wanted to add 2" flares front and back, these rims would fit right on the car with the use of a 1" spacer.
SpecialK
Flare it! boldblue.gif Flare it! boldblue.gif

Congrats on rims! beer.gif

Are they as clean as they look in the pics?

I was going to bid on those just because the price was so low. Glad I didn't, I'd hate to E-sniper someone on the Board, could've put me on somebody's list ar15.gif fighting19.gif
Mueller
the rims are perfect....no flaws at all smile.gif
SpecialK
WOW!! The seller must have been ready to cry having to let them go for $100.00!

Glad you got 'em! smilie_pokal.gif
Mueller
the seller was happy to get them out of his garage......

I think had they been listed on eBay as fitting Porsche or VW they would've sold for more, (a few hundred at the most)

I did find a company that would narrow the rim half 1" to 1.5" , but I'd rather find a replacement part first. I'm in no big hurry, the trailing arm, shock relocation and trunk wall mod's are going to take some time...
Chris914n6
They were a pretty popular rim back then. I see them at pick-a-parts frequently now. I would be surprised if they were not BBS halves.

Chris
Malmz
Mueller, you know you could slice your rear fenders and do a custom.................... errr, nevermind. lol3.gif
Rider914
So this is what I have!!?? From a Maserati! I have searched for a while and could only find the French links. I have 315 35 17's on the rear and 235 45 17's on the front. The rears have about 6 inches depth from the outside of the wheel to the "star" center. I would like to have a little more rubber on the back, still not enough.
-- Jay
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.