Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: timing mark question 74 2.0 stock
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
detoxcowboy
74 2.0 stock

Confirm that the timing mark is the long notch on the fan impeller? I had a pro porsche allighnment shop time my car after the impeller was powdercoated and was having running issues at the same time dire need of allighment.. the shop did not know at the time and neither did I that my crane xr700 shutter was rubbing causing strange high idle issues at warm up only, currently I am installing points and now notice the shop put a red paint blotch to the left side of the long notch as standing from the rear of car or as looking into the timming hole.. I think they screwd up and thought the long notch was tdc.. or am I screwed up because of my lack of mental capicity.. I wouild line up the notch on the flywheel to confirm tdc but cannot today because I am putting on a cv joint and the stub axl if off and the car is jack up on that side so turning the motor easily is an impossibilty for the moment..

is the the long notch in pic the timing mark? (not my picture of my impeller but same impeller)

The red paint blotch the shop put on is noted is noted in red blotch

Click to view attachment
avidfanjpl
The O stamp is TDC. The FIRST Red hash mark to the right of the O is 27BTDC

That other red one is erroneous.

Absolutely specified as I mention above in Haynes. With pictures.

Wish mine was as good a set of markings as yours. The only one on my early engine was the Red 27BTDC

I added a hash mark at TDC to improve on the white grease pencil mark on my engine.

Good luck!

John
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.