Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 22 yrs of Excellence Magazine
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
914Sixer
I have every issue of Excellence except the 1st one. They are starting to take up space. I hate to toss them because every once in awhile I like to look at the old issues. What have you done in the past with old magazines? Open for ideas! confused24.gif
SirAndy
QUOTE(914Sixer @ Aug 7 2010, 11:17 AM) *

I have every issue of Excellence except the 1st one. They are starting to take up space. I hate to toss them because every once in awhile I like to look at the old issues. What have you done in the past with old magazines? Open for ideas! confused24.gif

Get #1 off ebay and then put up the complete collection for sale ...

popcorn[1].gif Andy
URY914
I cut out the articles and toss the rest. Just like I do with my old Playboys.
tat2dphreak
bind them to make them take less space. then keep them together... get the first one to complete the collection though...

or do like Andy suggested. get #1 and sell them all as a lot
Pat Garvey
QUOTE(914Sixer @ Aug 7 2010, 12:17 PM) *

Two years ago, Istarted digitizing articles that I wanted to keep from my 17 year collection of Model Railroader magazines. The house lost at least 300 pounds of recyclable paper & I kept the info that was pertinent to me.

Now, I'll start doing the same with 42 years of Pano. I'll keep what means something to me & recycle the rest (anyone want these - back to '68?). Tried selling them, but people want to "pick 'n choose", and I don't have time for that.

I'd simply suggest that you scan what you want from each issue & pitch them.
Pat
Rob-O 1167
I tried that whole eBay thing with my collection a few years back. I think I had from #3 or #4 on. They didn't sell, and that was with a little or no reserve. I didn't want money, just hated to throw them out. I even went down the street and asked my neighbor who has an '87 911 if he wanted them. He looked at me like I was crazy. So I tossed them in the recycle bins and put the recycle bins on at the curb for pickup the next day. Low and behold they were gone the next morning before the sanitation workers arrived, always wonder if the neighbor had a change of heart. It had drizzled some that night, so somebody mustlve really wanted them.
thomasotten
I'll take em! Do you need more space? Why get rid of them?
carr914
I took mine to a local Fire Station. Most firefighters are car-guys and they have their down-time.

Or maybe it was good reading when they were taking a dump. pain30.gif
Bleyseng
Scan em for us so we can read em
arkitect
QUOTE(Bleyseng @ Aug 8 2010, 09:13 AM) *

Scan em for us so we can read em

biggrin.gif I agree, have not seen any of these issues.

Dave
watsonrx13
QUOTE(URY914 @ Aug 7 2010, 02:19 PM) *

I cut out the articles and toss the rest.

agree.gif

-- Rob
TJB/914
QUOTE(914Sixer @ Aug 7 2010, 10:17 AM) *

Hi Mark,

I have the same problem with a complete set from issue #1 to current date & getting ready to dispose of everything but issue #112 with my 914 featured in EXCELLENCE.

Mark: I have issue #1 so PM me if you want it.

Tom
TJB/914
QUOTE(Thomas J Bliznik @ Aug 8 2010, 09:48 AM) *

QUOTE(914Sixer @ Aug 7 2010, 10:17 AM) *

Hi Mark,

I have the same problem with a complete set from issue #1 to current date & getting ready to dispose of everything but issue #112 with my 914 featured in EXCELLENCE.

Mark: I have issue #1 so PM me if you want it.

Tom

Mark,

EXCELLENCE Vol#1 Number #1 went out in todays mail. Glad you can use it.

BTW: Here's a photo what this rare issue looks like. popcorn[1].gif

Tom

brer
why not upload them to wikileaks?
TJB/914
QUOTE(brer @ Aug 9 2010, 09:22 AM) *

why not upload them to wikileaks?

Copy write laws!!! EXCELLENCE attorney's protect their assets.

Tom
brer
a. that was a joke

b. wikileaks servers are anonymous and hosted outside the reach of Excellence attorneys

go fish.

smile.gif
Andyrew
I have every one except 2000 on up (I have misc of those).

I bought them on ebay about 7 years ago for $200 IIRC. Including the first year. Picked it up from a guy in the mountains.

Sorted them and put them in a container. I pull them out every once in a while. Im just waiting for the economy to come back then if I decide to let them go, I will. If not then its good reading material to wade through in the bathroom.

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.