914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
McMark

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GmTYnfCyKG4
Justinp71
Man that was Awesome! Thanks guys!
Justinp71
Some of the back wood twisties...
Justinp71
another pic, I'm sure someones got some better ones...
jgara962
A great day and a great drive. Thanks to Conedoger for organizing and McMark for hosting.
jgara962
more
rick 918-S
Looks like you all had a great day!
SirAndy
So who got to ride in the Limo?

popcorn[1].gif Andy
Lennies914
Bought a new SD card for my camera and my computer isn't reconizing it. headbang.gif I'll use the wifey's computer and get some more pics up!

I would like to thank Rob, Mark and Jim for a great day.

(Mark made my Yellow car even faster) smiley_notworthy.gif

Noticable difference, Thanks again. driving.gif
ConeDodger
A couple of stills from the start. It was great fun putting this on and getting everyone together. Too bad Marty collected a point or two on his license. I hope the food and friendship made up for the hassle that will cause.
Brent
Holy crap...what is my truck doing there without me? OK, just looks just like mine.
Brent
QUOTE(SirAndy @ Aug 7 2010, 07:19 PM) *

popcorn[1].gif Andy

You big teaser man!
ConeDodger
QUOTE(Brent @ Aug 7 2010, 06:34 PM) *

QUOTE(SirAndy @ Aug 7 2010, 07:19 PM) *

popcorn[1].gif Andy

You big teaser man!

Actually someone did ride in the Limo today. But, it was Flintstone style. When it got pulled out to be posed for that picture it was facing the other direction and McMark was steering it as it was pushed around. He occasionally got to jump in and ride during that excursion...
RoadGlue
How was the drive??? Sorry I couldn't make it. Would have rather had been over there.

Was the route okay?
McMark
Everyone had a great time.

Lennie, glad to hear the timing adjustment made a difference. Now we have to figure out why the ignition rotor exploded. blink.gif
Mike Bellis
From top of the toilet...

Click to view attachment
Mike Bellis
On the road...

Click to view attachment
Mike Bellis
more...

Click to view attachment
Mike Bellis
Pregnant women and people with epilepsy should not watch this video...

http://www.youtube.com/watch_popup?v=AKDPA...1E&vq=small
Cambo
Thanks to all for a great day. That was my first 914world drive with the new car and I had a blast. driving.gif That was the longest and twistiest drive the little teener has done so far & nothing fell off! Well, the bow tie fell off the steering wheel while driving but it could have been worse. Thanks again. Looking forward to the next one.
ConeDodger
QUOTE(Cambo @ Aug 7 2010, 08:59 PM) *

Thanks to all for a great day. That was my first 914world drive with the new car and I had a blast. driving.gif That was the longest and twistiest drive the little teener has done so far & nothing fell off! Well, the bow tie fell off the steering wheel while driving but it could have been worse. Thanks again. Looking forward to the next one.

No, thank you for coming. Without you guys, it is just another Saturday. biggrin.gif
neo914-6
Great times, thanks Rob and all who contributed! Mark's shop is 914 rescue. Thanks to Marty I had a ride in his 914, very fun until the CHP collected Napa revenue. I'll post some video on YT once I put it all together...
Click to view attachment
neo914-6
Original Customs
Click to view attachment
neo914-6
hard at work...
Click to view attachment
neo914-6
Marty
Click to view attachment
McMark
Cambo, there is a rubber 'spring' that keeps the horn button in place. Here it is...
zx-niner
Is this Kenny's and Mike's Orange914 you're putting the new speedo gear drive in? Wish we could have been there, other family commitments unfortunately.

QUOTE(neo914-6 @ Aug 7 2010, 10:57 PM) *

ConeDodger
QUOTE(zx-niner @ Aug 8 2010, 07:40 AM) *

Is this Kenny's and Mike's Orange914 you're putting the new speedo gear drive in? Wish we could have been there, other family commitments unfortunately.

QUOTE(neo914-6 @ Aug 7 2010, 10:57 PM) *

Yes it is... You were missed but your car was there! biggrin.gif
Mike Bellis
This wheel looked awesome...

Click to view attachment
Cambo
QUOTE(McMark @ Aug 8 2010, 01:16 AM) *

Cambo, there is a rubber 'spring' that keeps the horn button in place. Here it is...

Thanks, and thanks for looking over the car while I was there.
ConeDodger
A couple of thank you shouts are in order...

First thanks to Randy Wentzel (Roadglue). You all said you enjoyed that drive, well Randy picked out the route. Randy has a special talent for that and you shouldn't miss out on a drive if you hear that Randy picked the path. Randy was organizing 914 Drives when I was only dreaming about owning a 914. His website RoadGlue is the original 914 site as far as I can gather...

Second, thanks to Mark DeBernardi. Mark was good enough to host this event on a work day at Original Customs. I suspect he got nothing done that will pay the bills and pretty much every 914 that he looked over while you guys were there left the event a better running car. You be sure to remember Mark when you need something done to your cars or engine and you don't want to do it yourself.

Third, thanks to Jim Dupree. When our planned caterer had other plans Jim stepped in. The menu was great and Jim did a great job preparing and gathering the food.

Fourth, thanks to John Garaventa. I find myself with no car to go on the drive and Randy off making a living shooting a wedding. I asked John who is local to the area to step in and lead the drive. I saw a glimmer of hesitance but he stepped up and did a great job.

Last, thanks to all of you who took your day and shared it with the rest of us. You are what makes this all better.
Andyrew
Here are my Iphone pics

IPB Image
IPB Image
IPB Image
IPB Image
IPB Image
IPB Image
IPB Image
IPB Image
IPB Image
IPB Image
IPB Image
neo914-6
I'm surprised I was the only one from the South Bay. screwy.gif Andyrew, Kenny, Mike and others came from Central Valley. driving.gif

Here's a couple of videos, I'm still editing the twisty drive video. It'll be a in 2 parts because of the length.

914s to Napa

914s at Original Customs

jeeperjohn56
Thanks to the guy's who put a effort for this day of fun, Randy, Mark, Rob, Jim, and John for leading the way, I would have gotten lost trying to follow the map quest directions. I had a fun day with everyone, also got to meet a few more guys that I haven't met before. And to Justin who made me feel like a turtle in the twisty's, I want a Six in another car. I might have to sell the Jeep and change my screen name afterwards. Thanks again Guy's John driving.gif
Mike Bellis
more

Click to view attachment
Mike Bellis
tag...

Click to view attachment
Mike Bellis
lost

Click to view attachment

orange914
QUOTE(Andyrew @ Aug 8 2010, 01:46 PM) *

IPB Image

ahhmmmm... kenny, didn't you just get a ticket for using your phone?

thanks to all you guys for the effort it took to put on the run. it was real nice for melodie & i to put a face to some of the names i've read for years. nice to have the speedo leak fixed too, now to fix the elusive push rod tube leak.

i'll try to post our batch of pic.'s soon

mike
Mike Bellis
more...

Click to view attachment
Mike Bellis
Real 6 with custom turn signals...

Click to view attachment
Mike Bellis
more...

Click to view attachment
Mike Bellis
Orange

Click to view attachment

neo914-6
videos of the dog drive:

1 of 2

2 of 2
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.