Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: cv joint assembly tips?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
detoxcowboy
74 2.0 stock

I have assembled 4 cv joints previously and eah time I struggled with the puzzle then more or less got lucky..

Today I am assembling one more and close does not count and I am not getting lucky.. anyone know a tip or procedure.. It's like Rubik's Cube with more on the line..

SirAndy
QUOTE(detoxcowboy @ Aug 7 2010, 03:19 PM) *

74 2.0 stock

I have assembled 4 cv joints previously and eah time I struggled with the puzzle then more or less got lucky..

Today I am assembling one more and close does not count and I am not getting lucky.. anyone know a tip or procedure.. It's like Rubik's Cube with more on the line..

I have a old thread here with lots of pictures ...
idea.gif Andy
SirAndy
Found it ...

http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?s=&...st&p=458313

bye1.gif Andy
detoxcowboy
Done!! Lucked out again!! It takes patience and a firm but relaxed coaxing w/ proper allighnment "big to small" (thanks the Cap'n for teaching me that).. once it starts going and then gets stuck, get joiggy with it.. Then throw your clothes away, cv joint cleaning w/ reassembly and repacking cost includes a shop towel, t-shirt and shorts, doctor gloves help a little..
detoxcowboy
QUOTE(SirAndy @ Aug 7 2010, 04:19 PM) *

drunk.gif ANdy thanks, but I just got it the minute you posted, funny thing is after reading thats how I got it or fairly close.. 180 deg. ball insertion to get as many in as I coudl to start then the last 2 I did one at a time.. toook you 5 minutes took me an hour maybe more with a good break in there too..
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.