Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: WTB: 911 Solex cams or Mods S cams
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WTB: 914 Parts
TorqueJunkie
I am looking for a good set of Solex cams or Mod S cams. i know there are a few other grinds similar as well that I would consider for my 2.4 S engine for my 914/6. Let me know if anyone has any or knows who does. Thanks.
ohwegener(at)hotmail dot com
koozy
Call Dema at (707) 545-6115. He will have/make anything you need

http://www.elgincams.com/
ME733
QUOTE(koozy @ Aug 8 2010, 12:48 AM) *

Call Dema at (707) 545-6115. He will have/make anything you need

http://www.elgincams.com/

I agree...something to consider is that 911S cams are pretty radical/in cam timing/duration. They can be a whole lot of not very much fun for a street car, as the bottom end torque sucks. fouled plugs can also be an issue. Milder cams will make for a much more driveable car all around.
mskala
I'm in the process of getting DC-30 from dougherty racing cams which is similar to Solex
but supposed to be broader torque curve.
TorqueJunkie
QUOTE(mskala @ Aug 8 2010, 01:32 PM) *

I'm in the process of getting DC-30 from dougherty racing cams which is similar to Solex
but supposed to be broader torque curve.

I think that I would prefer the torque at the price of the top end power. I have a few people with some good cams I am working on getting. Just not 100% sure which I want.

Found : Solex regrinds, or the Elgin Mod S

I have factory S cams from Web-cam. I was told that I migh have issues with the S cams and fuel injection because of the overlap.

Opinions?
ArtechnikA
QUOTE(TorqueJunkie @ Aug 8 2010, 10:17 PM) *

I was told that I migh have issues with the S cams and fuel injection because of the overlap.

Depends on the injection.

CIS (you have a '73.5?) can't stand it.
MFI doesn't care.

It also depends on what you mean by 'S' cams.
"early" S cams for the 2,0 and 2,2 are peaky with lots of lift and overlap.
But "S" cams from a CIS car - i.e. '74-'75 are MUCH milder, 'cause they were made to run with CIS in the first place.

What you got ?

(If you're running CIS and want a pair of '75S cams and matched rockers, I may be able to help you - my core engine is a '75S...)
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.