Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: rear spoiler or no spoiler?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
d914
Ok finally finshing up body work and going to re-spreay the car. I would like to paint everything at once.

Outside of a gt race wing sitting at roof height do any of the other smaller spoilers actually do anything or do they just make u feel better.
The car will have a front spoiler, trans am-ish.. wide body that will see track lap days. turbo power...

Sheridan....??

modified stock car ( speedway lexan)???

My old car had a little gt spoiler, I though it settled it down some at speed but it could have been a head thing..!!

jt914-6
I had a fiberglass spoiler bondo'd into my orignal trunk lid....it was super heavy but looked good. I saw a 914 in Excellence years ago with the one piece trunk lid/spoiler in fg from AIR. (American International Racing) and really liked it. I bought one for my conversion six project car. The only thing with it is that you can't use the stock "springs". I got a kit with the shocks to hold it up. Looks.....yes....function....yes. I do track events and at 130+ mph, I'm sure it is doing something........
It's the rear decklid with ducktail spoiler....... http://www.americaninternationalracing.com...46&page=106

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment
dr914@autoatlanta.com
QUOTE(d914 @ Aug 8 2010, 07:38 AM) *

Ok finally finshing up body work and going to re-spreay the car. I would like to paint everything at once.

Outside of a gt race wing sitting at roof height do any of the other smaller spoilers actually do anything or do they just make u feel better.
The car will have a front spoiler, trans am-ish.. wide body that will see track lap days. turbo power...

Sheridan....??

modified stock car ( speedway lexan)???

My old car had a little gt spoiler, I though it settled it down some at speed but it could have been a head thing..!!

a rear spoiler is absolute necessary for sustained speeds over 120 mph. the car just gets way too light if you do not have one installed. We had a great high speed "last six" that we ran at road atlanta, and it, with the rear spoiler, was very very stable even over 150 mph, but in vanity wanted to return it to the stock look. Once we removed the spoiler the car became very very light feeling at high speeds
race914
I'm currently running a Sheridan spoiler. I agree with George, you need it at higher speeds.

IPB Image
d914
that was my feeling going from nothing to the one piece trunk / spoiler set up...but I still wasnt sure it was real or a head game.. I never bounced back and forth to verify..

I was at the middy and I saw one car with both setups??? must have been a class thing..
carr914
Definately works at high speed. My Twin-Plug car without a spoiler used to get hairy in Turn 14 @ Sebring and at the end of the back straight when I came off the gas
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.