Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: spedo drive in trans
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
tomh
I want to stop the small amount of oil dripping from my spedo angle drive.
The o-ring and small seal were sent to me so i have the parts.
do I just take out the holding screw and slide the barrel out?Will the whole shaft and gear come out?do i need gasket sealer on the barrel also.and how far will I have to jack up the back to stop the oil from flowing out?
Tom_T
QUOTE(tomh @ Aug 8 2010, 09:06 AM) *

I want to stop the small amount of oil dripping from my spedo angle drive.
The o-ring and small seal were sent to me so i have the parts.
do I just take out the holding screw and slide the barrel out?Will the whole shaft and gear come out?do i need gasket sealer on the barrel also.and how far will I have to jack up the back to stop the oil from flowing out?

welcome.png

Go to the member vendors section & look up McMark (Origninal Customs) & contact him about getting his modification for double o-rings for the angle drive. I'm sure he can work out something for you to use/trade/core your parts for it. He machines a 2nd groove for the 2nd o-ring, to eliminate this common 914 trans leak problem.

No affiliation, just a tip! biggrin.gif

PS - You'll have the entire transaxle drain with the removal of the angle drive & have to refill it with new gear oil - no way around it, but a good idea to change the gear oil occasionally any-hoo!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.