Full Version: Mid West 914 Classic
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
BarberDave
smilie_pokal.gif
First someone please nail this thread
IT IS NECESSARY FOR ME TO CANCELL THE MID WEST 914 CLASSIC

I WISH THIS WAS NOT NECESSARY BUT IT IS MY
ONLY OPTION.
MY THANKS TO ALL THOSE WHO SUPPORTED MY MEET IN 2002, AND 2003, YOU GUYS ARE THE
GREATEST.

ThANKS ( BARBERDAVE ) DAVE KIMPLE smilie_flagge6.gif
Joseph Mills
Dave,

Seeing your post reminded of last year's MUSR. Sorry to hear you have to cancel your meet. If you need some help, I bet there are those who have attended in the past that would be happy to help with some of the chores.
Hawk
Dave,
I hope you are well. We all look forward to your event as the mainstay of August for us. Please let us know if the SMOG gang can help in any way to make it happen.
Best wishes.
-Dick
GaroldShaffer
Dave,
I hope you are well. We all look forward to your event as the mainstay of August for us.

agree.gif

I am willing to keep the fire burning. Would having THE MID WEST 914 CLASSIC in Portage Indiana work? Easy access on and off 94 or the Indiana toll road? Nice city park with play grounds for the kids?

I'm not trying to steal Dave's thunder, just trying to keep it going. Would the SMOG guys be willing to make the drive?

- Garold
Jeroen
Hey Dave,

Sorry to hear about this...
I hope it wasn't because I was slacking on the logo's sad.gif

Anyway, the thread is pinned

cheers,

Jeroen
Curvie Roadlover
The SMOG guys would like to host an event in lew of the Barner Dave Midwest Meet. We will be looking at a southeast Michigan venue with some sort of concours/wash and shine competition, a driving.gif through the twisties wub.gif and probably followed up by some sort of dinner or banquet. Details will follow soon. We are looking at either the same weekend that Dave had or very close to that. ATTENDANCE IS MANDATORY.
GWN7
Sorry to hear that it's not happening Dave.... My son & I had a great time last year

If there is another meeting being planned, please post details as soon as possible.....
Curvie Roadlover
Will do. We hope to get some Ontario guys too.
Mark Henry??!!??
TJB/914
Het Guys,

Dave contacted me recently with an offer to purchase his 914. The question in my mind is there something we (914 land) can do for Dave. He didn't say "why" but I suspect it may be a personal $ or health problem.

If we know why or what, there are a number of 914er's willing to step forward. Maybe the Midwest Meet could be a (money) fund drive for Dave to help him through a diffficult time in his life.

Just my 2-cents worth. I want to help a fellow 914er if he needs my help.

Tom Bliznik, SMOG (concerned) member. Looking for suggestions or directions!!
Chris H.
agree.gif

Dave, if this is a private matter just tell us to shut up, but if not please let us know how we can help.

Chris H.
Curvie Roadlover
QUOTE(Chris H. @ Apr 12 2004, 04:41 PM)
agree.gif

Dave, if this is a private matter just tell us to shut up, but if not please let us know how we can help.

Chris H.

agree.gif
TJB/914
Dave,

We care about you & want to help if possible. As Chris & Curvie said if private we understand, just let us know what were dealing with. We won't let anyone kick you to the curb, not without a 914 fight.

Tom
rick 918-S
agree.gif
Mike9142.0
agree.gif
I hate to see people leave, it is like losing a brother.
If I can help I will beerchug.gif
Brad Roberts
Tell us what is up. I dont think anyone here has *really* held back at any point. Lay it on us and let us come up with a way to help.

B
TJB/914
Hi All,

Been talking to the SMOG guys & there will be an announcement in a few days by Curvie (Tom) regarding the Midwest 2004 meet.

STAY TUNED --- IT'S STILL ALIVE & MIDWEST MEET LIVES ----STAY TUNED

Tom B
Brad Roberts
Thanks for the heads up Tom.

B
lmcchesney
Ditto Dave.
How can I help. I live close ya know.
L. McChesney
Steve Thacker
I'm sort of at a loss here also. I don't want to pry after getting a email from Dave in regards to his show and website. I'm doing a wait and see before I take it down for him. I would prefer to see how ya'll will work through the recent news. I would prefer that with Dave's blessing that the show still happen and I can add the information to the website. Let me know......
Jimz73
Hi Guys,
I am at a loss as well. I had breakfast with Dave in early March. He talked about all his plans and possibly more breakfasts and such. Then I saw his parts start to show up on Ebay. I emailed him, but no response. I don't know him very well, but we live in the same town. I'd like to help if I could. This must be a personnal issue, but after I saw how everyone helped Korijo, I sure wish Dave would ask if he needs help. Please let us know if we can help.
Jim
Hawk
FORGET ALL OF THE ABOVE!!

The meet is still on for Saturday Aug 7 but now hosted by the Southeast Michigan 914 Owners group (SMOG).
See nailed thread:
SMOG's Mid-West 914 Classic smilie_pokal.gif
Hawk
Saturday, August 7th is the date set for SMOG’s Mid-West 914 Classic 2004. It will begin at 8:30 am on the lawn of the Whitmore Lake Big Boy/Best Western Motel at Exit 53 off of US 23 (just approx 10 miles North of Ann Arbor).

There will be competition for various categories such as “best 6 cylinder car”, “best 4 cylinder car, early and late model”, “best paint job”, “people’s choice”, etc. There will also be plenty of time for bench racing and parts swapping so bring your rare parts and memorabilia to sell or trade. We expect to hand out awards and then break for lunch about 12 noon.

The afternoon kicks off with the “Fun Run Straight To HELL!” (Hell, Michigan. that is) and a stop for ice cream before continuing on with the Fun Run. From Hell, we’ll saddle up and experience some of the best 914 roads lower Michigan has to offer. We’ll finish up at Yesterday’s Collection. If you’ve never been there, you’re in for a treat. They sell all sorts of automobile memorabilia, models, books, you name it. Oh, and they also have an ice cream parlor!

We look forward to seeing everyone there. Further details regarding the event will be posted as they become available. Rooms are available at the Best Western Motel at a discount if you mention you’re with the Porsche 914 group. The number is (734) 449-2058. driving.gif
rick 918-S
Depending on how my trip to the WCC goes. I am tenitively committing to attend the MWC as well. I told Barber Dave I planned on making his event. There will be no grudge matches played out on the hood of my car though! cool_shades.gif I pitty the fool that messes with my ride! laugh.gif I think your event is driving distance for me. No trailer queens If I can help it.

BTW Who moved the thread? It was nailed when I first started to post. confused24.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.