Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: ITS OUT AND ABOUT!
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
jeffdon
First real drives in the 1 year and 3 month rebuild phase, first time its been registered since 95.

Runs goodish, needs a lot of carb and linkage tuning, but damn, it is finally on the road.

Although, I almost Fuched up bigtime and was one lug away from loosing a rear wheel due to not torquing down on the bolts. Dodged a big one there.

Click to view attachment
jsaum
Congrats , car looks great!
azbill
Congratulations Its a long time coming but you made it. Now enjoy
Tom_T
agree.gif

.... Yup, looks great - especially with all the wheels still attached! biggrin.gif
dlee6204
Very nice! smilie_pokal.gif
jeffdon
QUOTE(Tom_T @ Aug 8 2010, 08:19 PM) *

agree.gif

.... Yup, looks great - especially with all the wheels still attached! biggrin.gif

And THAT was a close one. Wheel started coming off on a city street at low speed. Had been on the freeway. And of course, i did not have a lug wrench, but a guy who heard the commotion (wheel locking up and skiding, me cursing at the top of my lungs) came to the rescue with a big socket wrench, blocks for my tires (was on a slope with only the lame stock jack) AND he was just working on that block (plumber) and he chased the threads on one of my lug bolt so it would thread. Oh! AND in my freaked out state of mind he suggested i rob a bolt off another wheel so i could limp home on more than two bolts. Lost a couple of them on the street, and when i went back to look for them, hunted down the guy and brought him a six pack of blue moon.

Do not want to fuch with this sort of karma.
kkid
Congrats! Hope to see you on the road soon.

I like the look without the side marker lamps, BTW.

kkid
buhs914

agree.gif

Yeah losing a rear wheel sucks! headbang.gif headbang.gif
Here's after I unfolded this section of the fender and pounded out some of the creases:
Click to view attachment
jeffdon
QUOTE(buhs914 @ Aug 8 2010, 09:11 PM) *

agree.gif

Here's after I unfolded this section of the fender and pounded out some of the creases:
Click to view attachment

Was really close to this. As it turned out, just a minor "flaring" of the rear fender from the tire. Cannot really even tell.
jeffdon
QUOTE(kkid @ Aug 8 2010, 08:56 PM) *

kkid

Thanks man. Did all my own body work.
KELTY360

kkid

agree.gif

I was thinking the same thing when I saw the pic. They look sooooo much better without the wart.
jeffdon
QUOTE(KELTY360 @ Aug 8 2010, 10:15 PM) *

kkid

agree.gif

I was thinking the same thing when I saw the pic. They look sooooo much better without the wart.

LOL!! Never thought of it as a wart. Damn, maybe a Cindy Crawford beauty mark?
jeffdon
Would there be any weber gurus in the east bay willing to check out my set up and give me some direction? Kinda feel like the car is running sluggish, and should have more poop. Will supply your choice of beer!
buhs914
QUOTE(jeffdon @ Aug 8 2010, 10:11 PM) *

QUOTE(buhs914 @ Aug 8 2010, 09:11 PM) *

agree.gif

Click to view attachment

Was really close to this. As it turned out, just a minor "flaring" of the rear fender from the tire. Cannot really even tell.

Lucky! dry.gif I had to drill out that little bracket inside the fender and untwist it wacko.gif
OmaPossu
Losing front wheel bolts does not do any harm. At least if you are driving slow driving.gif you only have to find bolts from road and continue driving..

Click to view attachment
jeffdon
[quote name='OmaPossu' date='Aug 9 2010, 11:11 AM' post='1354180']
Losing front wheel bolts does not do any harm. At least if you are driving slow driving.gif you only have to find bolts from road and continue driving..

Found 3 out of 4. Retraced my route, could not find the 4th. Never realized how many rocks look like 914 lug nuts, LOL!

Going to try and source a single bolt from EASY.
Vysoc
Jeffdon,

It is indeed a sign when you are "DESTINY'S CHILD" you must just go with it, don't think about how lucky you were, just learn from it and hopefully it will never happen again. (Because you will become super ANAL about tourqing down your lugs). It's kind of like putting a boat in the water without the plug secured...it only happens once.

Car looks great enjoy!!!

Vysoc confused24.gif happy11.gif idea.gif
jeffdon
QUOTE(Vysoc @ Aug 9 2010, 11:32 AM) *

Jeffdon,

It is indeed a sign when you are "DESTINY'S CHILD" you must just go with it, don't think about how lucky you were, just learn from it and hopefully it will never happen again. (Because you will become super ANAL about tourqing down your lugs). It's kind of like putting a boat in the water without the plug secured...it only happens once.

Car looks great enjoy!!!

Vysoc confused24.gif happy11.gif idea.gif

LOL! Did the boat plug thing once too.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.