Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 9:14 Breakfast 8-14-2010
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Mike Bellis
We are having a 9:14am Breakfast in San Ramon on 8-14-2010.

Max's Diner will be the venue. Please come! You don't need a 914 to show up.

Max's is located at the corner of Crow Canyon Rd. and Crow Canyon Place. 680 Freeway, Exit Crow Canyon Rd. Go East to the first signal light, turn Left. Pull in the parking lot on the right.

If this breakfast is popular we will rotate around the SF Bay area. Hope to see you there.
Mike Bellis
9:14 Breakfast is almost here... Come join the fun!
MartyYeoman
I'm in. chowtime.gif
jeffdon
QUOTE(Marty Yeoman @ Aug 9 2010, 12:46 PM) *

I'm in. chowtime.gif

Will try and make it. Hope to have enough confidence in the car to make the trek by then.
jeeperjohn56
Mike, I'm in, coming from concord, going south on 680 exit Crow Canyon Blvd, do I go over Freeway or right at light? John
Mike Bellis
QUOTE(jeeperjohn56 @ Aug 9 2010, 02:24 PM) *

Mike, I'm in, coming from concord, going south on 680 exit Crow Canyon Blvd, do I go over Freeway or right at light? John

From Concord you make a left off the freeway and then a left when you get over the freeway.
underthetire
If i don't go to Tahoe this week, i'm in.
Mike Bellis
QUOTE(underthetire @ Aug 9 2010, 05:44 PM) *

If i don't go to Tahoe this week, i'm in.

Well that's easy... Don't go to Tahoe chowtime.gif
Mike Bellis
The 9:14 breakfast is almost here! Are you hungry yet? chowtime.gif chowtime.gif chowtime.gif
EdwardBlume
This is a huge event of massive proportion, bonding together east bay faithful 914 owners..... I wouldn't miss it for the world...

That said, I've got plans I can't shake... chair.gif
JimN73
I should be there. Not the 914, it's waiting for parts. Hope 'jeffdon' makes it, we're doing almost identical rebuilds an I'd like to talk.
Mike Bellis
QUOTE(RobW @ Aug 10 2010, 08:09 PM) *

This is a huge event of massive proportion, bonding together east bay faithful 914 owners..... I wouldn't miss it for the world...

Tell your wife, she's invited too. That way you can make it. Heck, I'm bringing mine...
EdwardBlume
QUOTE(kg6dxn @ Aug 10 2010, 08:41 PM) *

QUOTE(RobW @ Aug 10 2010, 08:09 PM) *

Tell your wife, she's invited too. That way you can make it. Heck, I'm bringing mine...

Where's the fun in that?

But seriously, we've got plans... but I'll try and do a fly by..
jeffdon
QUOTE(JimN73 @ Aug 10 2010, 08:14 PM) *

I should be there. Not the 914, it's waiting for parts. Hope 'jeffdon' makes it, we're doing almost identical rebuilds an I'd like to talk.

I dont know if I am going to do it. Yesterday morning I found myself in ER with a mild coronary. Ended up getting a stent. Feel great, but was told to take it easy a few days. Gonna play it by ear.
Mike Bellis
QUOTE(jeffdon @ Aug 11 2010, 01:53 PM) *

I dont know if I am going to do it. Yesterday morning I found myself in ER with a mild coronary. Ended up getting a stent. Feel great, but was told to take it easy a few days. Gonna play it by ear.

Take care of yourself first. Hope you feel better. There will be more 9:14 Breakfast's...
jeffdon
QUOTE(kg6dxn @ Aug 11 2010, 04:05 PM) *

Take care of yourself first. Hope you feel better. There will be more 9:14 Breakfast's...

Thats probably the best course. Don't have enough road time on the car to run all the way out there without stressing. I may just stick around here and do some light stuff, like getting the side windows into the doors.
Mike Bellis
QUOTE(jeffdon @ Aug 11 2010, 04:09 PM) *

Thats probably the best course. Don't have enough road time on the car to run all the way out there without stressing. I may just stick around here and do some light stuff, like getting the side windows into the doors.

Just a reminder, you don't have to bring a 914 to have fun with us.
jeffdon
QUOTE(kg6dxn @ Aug 11 2010, 04:22 PM) *

QUOTE(jeffdon @ Aug 11 2010, 04:09 PM) *

Just a reminder, you don't have to bring a 914 to have fun with us.

Thanks Mike, I may take you up on that. Can't see doing much work on it, and really don't need to stress about driving it.
dem
QUOTE(kg6dxn @ Aug 9 2010, 08:10 AM) *

I think I'm in, representin' the south bay. I was thinking "too far" until I realized it is about as far as my work, and I drive that occasionally!
Mike Bellis
QUOTE(dem @ Aug 11 2010, 07:32 PM) *

QUOTE(kg6dxn @ Aug 9 2010, 08:10 AM) *

I think I'm in, representin' the south bay. I was thinking "too far" until I realized it is about as far as my work, and I drive that occasionally!

Awesome! I drive to 85 & Cottle Rd (South SJ) everyday. Even in the 914! Takes me about 40 minutes to get to work in traffic. You should be able to get here faster on Saturday.
Mike Bellis
I'm hungry chowtime.gif chowtime.gif chowtime.gif

Come join us for some food and fun. all vehicles welcome..
Mike Bellis
914 Breakfast chowtime.gif is tomorrow at 9:14am cheer.gif Drive whatever you have that's running and come down for some food and fun...
dem
QUOTE(kg6dxn @ Aug 13 2010, 02:07 PM) *

914 Breakfast chowtime.gif is tomorrow at 9:14am cheer.gif Drive whatever you have that's running and come down for some food and fun...

I'm still going.. assuming my car makes it.. so there'll be at least one other 914 there. You can spot mine by the clouds of smoke from the oil dripping on the heat exchangers.
jeffdon
QUOTE(dem @ Aug 13 2010, 06:57 PM) *

QUOTE(kg6dxn @ Aug 13 2010, 02:07 PM) *

I'm still going.. assuming my car makes it.. so there'll be at least one other 914 there. You can spot mine by the clouds of smoke from the oil dripping on the heat exchangers.

Look for my filthy clapped out 92 325 Beemer.

zeezee
Max's web site says they open at 9:30.
No matter - I'll be there - lingering.
McMark
Gotta miss it. sad.gif Lots of work stuff going on.
jeffdon
Great meeting all of you. Should be bringing the car to the next one.

Click to view attachment
ConeDodger
Sorry I had to miss this. Working like a dog today.
dem
Good seeing some 914 lunatics!

Here's some cell phone pictures including my drive back over Calaveras/Felter/Sierra.

The motorcycle was holding me up, so he gets to be famous for slowing up a 914. smile.gif

August 14th Breakfast
Mike Bellis
Thanks everyone for coming. We even had a real 914-6 show up and he lives 3 blocks from me! I never knew there were so many teeners here in San Ramon and I can't beleive a 6 was so close and I never knew.

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment
Lennies914
Nice turn out! Sorry I missed it. Hopefully there will be more to follow. It looks like there where some really nice cars in attendance. beerchug.gif
JimN73
Breakkfast/lunch somewhere else in the Bay Area soon? I enjoyed Max's and would go again, but there's lots of other areas, too.

As the people at the Max breakfast know, I'm rebuilding my 2.0 to 2056 with cam, flywheel and compression upgrades. The engine is still on the bench and the car is still on the stands, but I'm getting closer (I'm my own worst enemy and have screwed up a couple of times) togetting the engine finished.

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.