Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: so who else is having a great summer?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
brer
List of things to do..

Finally finish my M.A. and grdauate- check
See Devo - check
Surf alot - check
finish VW headliner - check
buy another porsche - check
unload old girlfriend - check
bbq every weekend - check
ride the bicycle till it breaks - check
finish 914 -

why is the 914 always at the bottom of the list?
this is going to change right now.
Drums66
QUOTE(brer @ Aug 9 2010, 11:34 AM) *

List of things to do..

See Devo - check
Surf alot - check
finish 914 -

I'm with you on all those except....keeping the old girlfriend
and I don't surf,but beach water will be on the agenda,,and I'll add
1, go to court and pay my speeding ticket and it was not in my 914!
(gotten on the silver strand) biggrin.gif bye1.gif Have a fine summer brother Brer!

P.S. maybe a gathering is in order?? shades.gif been real busy lately!
brer
oh man, i've got an awesome new grill.
if you're free on a weekend lets sort out an SD bbq.
zymurgist
Checking off the to-do's...

Get a motorcycle
Ride the motorcycle
Get a new girlfriend (always on my list but actually seems to be happening)
Wrench on the 911
Sell the 911

Well, the last 2 aren't happening because of the first 3. Oh well.
jeffdon
QUOTE(brer @ Aug 9 2010, 11:34 AM) *

List of things to do..

See Devo - check
Surf alot - check
finish 914 -

got my teener on the road for the first time yesterday. All thats to be done for now is getting the windows back into the doors, and get the tuning dialed in. I am DONE with working 6-8 hrs on her EVERY, and I do meant EVERY saturday and sunday this year. And still plenty of nice weather to get out and do some driving and camping!

Bleyseng
my list is work and play in Suriname
Relax and come back in time to drive the 914 and camp in the west.
I have been on the lookout Brer for one of those frogs
Niklas
Monday work on my 914
Tuesday work on my Karmann Ghia
Wednesday work on my beetle 1972
Thursday work on my baywindow cherry picker
Friday work on my beetle 1956
Saturday work on my baywindow crewcab.

Sunday free ...no....... I have bought one more 914

and when should I work on my baywindow pickup.....

So the week is complete.

No time to barbecue it is raining

Niklas

VaccaRabite
Well, I don't know that I am having a GREAT summer, but it is better then last year to be sure!

My summer has been "O.K." but not any better. Too much work. Too much stress. Too much class - though the summer class workload is greatly reduced this summer - and WAY too much HEAT.

That said, I've gotten stuff done, advanced my career a notch or two, and am getting ready to finish graduate school in TWO FREAK'N WEEKS!

Zach
avidfanjpl
Zach, I know you are in the hot zone. My mom lives across the river in NJ, and she is 86 and pissed off! Especially after last winter.

I am going to ATL Monday, so I will get it in spades. Hope it rains. Never see much lightning in SoCal. About once every 6 or 7 years. We get more earthquakes than lightning.

Nice striping on that car of yours. Never saw it before, but it is nasty good!

John
Ian Stott
Have been driving my teener a lot, went on a 1000 plus mile trip which was trouble free, following weekend went on the PCA Acadia region 2 day tour, again trouble free! Worked hard and long to get to this point, many setbacks but kept plugging away, thanks to this site and the great people on it I am now having the best summer I have had in a long time! My teener has a long way to go compared to some of the really well done 914's owned here but I can drive it around with confidence (it does draw a lot of interest) and keep working at making it prettier!

Ian Stott
Moncton
Canada
FourBlades

I'd call it a good summer so far.

Just got back from a great trip to Canada. Was a little hotter than I would have
liked but it was a good break from working too much. Stayed mostly around
Bayfield/Grand Bend area for two weeks.

I got back today and went for a drive in my 914. Took some cranking to get it
started but then it ran like a top for a 30 minute drive.

Still working on alignment and setup, engine running well but can probably still
stand some weber tweaking.

Thinking of putting a 220 window AC in my garage to speed up my other projects.

John
1968Cayman
It's been a busy month, Summer not so much. Finally got off my arse and got to work . . . since 1 Aug, I've:

Spent ~20 hours putting complete pans in 1968 912. It was hovering near 90 degrees in the building even at 1000 pm. And we had to turn the fans off because it was messing with the welding environment.

Got my 911 rolling after 5 years!! Bad news: It's only rolling because it was moved to a body dolly while I build a chassis jig.

Took 4 days off in NOLA.

Gotten the 914 to the point where it's waiting for an engine cradle (thankfully, I'm done coating myself in POR15).

And we're only 1/2 way through the month.
RJMII
I have had a GREAT! summer. smile.gif

It started out with meeting Dr Evil, Jsayre, Zach, Mrs Evil, Eric in NJ, meeting up again with Eric in UT, going to Vegas and meeting JRust, then Toast and Jake (don;t know his handle here, he's got a V8 car in the works though), then Route 66 where I met another handful of great people!

I have about perfected the emblems and have taken on the little wheels project for the r/c 914 cars.

I've spent a lot of time playing with my kids, have had better health, and was even able to take a surprise trip with my wife w/out the boys.

To end the summer, we're trying to get into a house, and we're for sure going to RRC; even if we have to drive the mini van. smile.gif
brer
uh oh, trouble in paradise.

16y.o. kid called me a kook in the water this a.m. I tried to explain that circulation in my toes isn't that good anymore and my toes were numb which made my feet like lumps of ham... I don't think he cared.

solo1
Got a 914 for fathers day.
My oldest son who lives with my ex, has been estranged came around, just in time for him to leave for college. Met his girlfriend whose perfect by the way.
business has been good,
tested for 2nd degree brown in Kung Fu
have my vacation planned for a few weeks for now, paid for in march, stoked!
been a pretty low key summer but alll in all pretty good, almost looking forward to fall.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.