Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Oil fittings...found the 30mm conversion
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Joe Bob
I need....
Female 26mm to Male -12AN
Male 26mm to Male -12AN

BAT and Pegasus are out....any other sources....
campbellcj
Maybe Earls?
Joe Bob
That's a thought....BTW, got the zoomies, thanks
Joe Bob
No go...
Earl's and XRP says to call Pegasus or BAT....crap. chair.gif
TimT
Mike Im about to mail out the package, I think the adapters I have are 30mm to -12

Ill check them when I get back home
dinomium
http://www.bakerprecision.com/aqp5.htm
I have never used these guys, but the link was from Aeroquip...
Good Luck, Mike
736conver
Is Pegasus out of stock or just dont carry
TimT
Mike I have another idea....

cut the fitting off the oil tank, and braze on a steel -12AN fitting,

Also I think I remember you saying you have to mod the oil cooler... so have a aluminum -12AN fitting welded on that! no need for adapter... and the AN weld on fittings are cheaper than the adapters to begin with....I dont know if you do the welding yourself or farm it out but will make for a much cleaner install...

We have cut and welded and modifed oil tanks for awhile...My firends car has -20 fitting on the oil tank ohmy.gif
Joe Bob
Did that before....with the purchase of the fitting and labor to solder it....it's about even pricewise....the adapter also sets the male -AN out farther from the tank and makes it a little easier to service the tank and do an oil change later on.

Found one....guy had a 26mm one laying on the shelf, he blew the dust off and is shipping it.

blink.gif
TimT
Well? apparently you dont need the ones I have in a box ready to ship to you? when was I going to learn this factoid?

Easy way for oil changes is to put a union in a low point of the hose... rather than reaching up and unscrewing the oil tank fitting..
J P Stein
I got what I needed at Otto's.....course I haven't burnt any bridges there. laugh.gif
Joe Bob
TIM>>>>>I NEED THOSE.....YOU HAVE THE 30mm ones.....I have three projects and found ONE fittings....send them PLEASE....

I wasn't gonna leave ya in the lurch.....
Joe Bob
QUOTE(J P Stein @ Apr 12 2004, 03:57 PM)
I got what I needed at Otto's.....course I haven't burnt any bridges there. laugh.gif

As with Patrick Motorsports, Otto won't get my business....and it's not because of the Redshift business....I had dealings with him 10-11 years ago when I first started on the Rocket project. Walked out never looked back.

When I make a deal, I stand behind it....so Tim....ship them, if you are worried about payment..... paypal bucks are standing by.....

If I want to wait 3-4 weeks I could MAYBE get the adapters from BAT or Pegasus.....but that's a MAYBE.....
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.