Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: A fresh video clip for y'all
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
campbellcj
Here is footage from yesterday of "The Snake" section on Mulholland. I mounted the GoPro HD camera on the upper/rear rollcage hoop (with the targa top off) so it was exposed to the wind. First time I did that, and despite their instructions the wind buffeting is very evident with the open case back installed. Next time I will try the fully-enclosed case.

(I tried to embed the video but was unsuccessful)

http://vimeo.com/13993399
campbellcj
Seems like the World board doesn't support the IPB
CODE
[vimeo][/vimeo]
tag extension...
pilothyer
That was the best ride I have had all day Thanks !! biggrin.gif
Vysoc
Thanks for the ride ...great sounding car!!!!!

Vysoc aktion035.gif pray.gif
Eric_Shea

914R The Snake 2010-08-08 from Chris Campbell on Vimeo.

SLITS
NICE!!

Memories too!
rick 918-S
Absolutely outragous! aktion035.gif driving.gif Howard took me on that run in Suzy. ( sad.gif Miss ya pal) That 2.7 sounds really sic!
hot_shoe914
Great ride(little slow for my liking), awesome sounding car. Thanks for the ride. Maybe this weekend I will take you for a ride down the Dragon when I am out there.

Shoe aktion035.gif
campbellcj
QUOTE(Eric_Shea @ Aug 9 2010, 05:55 PM) *

<object width="400" height="225"><param name="allowfullscreen" value="true" /><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always" /><param name="movie" value="http://vimeo.com/moogaloop.swf?clip_id=13993399&amp;server=vimeo.com&amp;show_title=1&amp;show_byline=1&amp;show_portrait=1&amp;color=&amp;fullscreen=1&amp;autoplay=0&amp;loop=0" /><embed src="http://vimeo.com/moogaloop.swf?clip_id=13993399&amp;server=vimeo.com&amp;show_title=1&amp;show_byline=1&amp;show_portrait=1&amp;color=&amp;fullscreen=1&amp;autoplay=0&amp;loop=0" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowscriptaccess="always" width="400" height="225"></embed></object><p><a href="http://vimeo.com/13993399">914R The Snake 2010-08-08</a> from <a href="http://vimeo.com/cjcam">Chris Campbell</a> on <a href="http://vimeo.com">Vimeo</a>.</p>

Eric,

Thanks - how did you get it to embed? When I paste the Vimeo embed code, I just see the HTML displayed back.
TC 914-8
Awsome, Great Video. I grew up in W.H. and traveled thru those canyons all the time back in the 80's, stunt road to the top of the world was my favorite. My 71 Capri, then my 75 714, brings back lots of good memories.
Keep 'em coming,
T
Sleepin
Someone needs to do a video like that with an external mic mounted in the engine bay! wink.gif
Eric_Shea
Thanks - how did you get it to embed? When I paste the Vimeo embed code, I just see the HTML displayed back.

It's top *&$^ing secret! I can't run around telling every Tom, Dick and Harry... oh wait a minute, no it isn't. blink.gif

At the bottom of the text section while posting there's an HTML- Off, HTML - On Raw, etc... drop down. I've heard it may not be available to all. Look for it when posting next time.

It may be an admin only thing though. Andy or Mark can expound on the process.

Cool video.
campbellcj
QUOTE(Sleepin @ Aug 9 2010, 09:27 PM) *

Someone needs to do a video like that with an external mic mounted in the engine bay! wink.gif

Yep; one of the downsides of the GoPro is no external mic input. Otherwise I would put the mic someplace better.

I have an Olympus E-P2 that does 720p with a mic input. I wouldn't mount that camera outside the car but I could try it on my interior rollcage mount. I doubt we would actually want the mic inside the engine compartment though -- this puppy is LOUD -- but maybe if the gain could be lowered enough to avoid massive clipping.
oldschool
QUOTE(campbellcj @ Aug 9 2010, 09:56 PM) *

Yep; one of the downsides of the GoPro is no external mic input. Otherwise I would put the mic someplace better.

I have an Olympus E-P2 that does 720p with a mic input. I wouldn't mount that camera outside the car but I could try it on my interior rollcage mount. I doubt we would actually want the mic inside the engine compartment though -- this puppy is LOUD -- but maybe if the gain could be lowered enough to avoid massive clipping.

what lens is on that thing blink.gif
Drums66
....Cool man! nice and mellow. that last motorsickle,....was in a bad spot!!! blink.gif
driving.gif
campbellcj
QUOTE(oldschool @ Aug 10 2010, 12:44 AM) *

what lens is on that thing blink.gif

The GoPro or the E-P2? GoPro is a fixed ultra-wide. Angle of view is 170 degrees or something crazy like that... I do not have anything nearly that wide for the Olympus (yet).
EdArango
Great videos Chris!!! My son and I were glued to the monitor.

Thanks!!!
ED
VaccaRabite
QUOTE(campbellcj @ Aug 9 2010, 11:56 PM) *

The new GoPros have a mic in slot IIRC. You can't use it with the waterproof door on the case though.

Zach
ConeDodger
Just like dancin'! Thanks evilgrin.gif
pete000
Been there, done that !! aktion035.gif
ruby914
I grew up on Mullholland.
Took that drive all the way to the beach three weeks ago.
Watching the video I was on the look out for cops, just like as when I drove it.
Called my wife over to watch the video, she walked away saying she was going to get sick, just like as she felt when we got to the beach.
Cool video
euro911
Loved the video cheer.gif

Maybe attaching some thick fuzzy material (wind sock) on the GoPro's rear cover would help confused24.gif

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.