Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: OT - NASCAR ballet
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pam
For those of you who think NASCAR lacks sophistication, I read today that a ballet company in Virginia has developed and will soon perform a NASCAR ballet.

Apparently dancers in brightly colored skin tight leotards run
around in a circle (no doubt counterclockwise) and then at certain points in
the music they crash...then a 'tow truck' dancer comes and hauls them over to
the 'pit' where dancers dressed in gray (the pit crew) fix them and send
them back. The dance is performed to the sound of new age music punctuated with the roar of revving engines.

I'm a NASCAR fan (Go Kenseth) but even I see that the ballet concept might be a bit over the top.

-Pam
Mueller
and I thoght the music will be the theme song from "Deliverance"???? laugh.gif

I can see the dancers running around making engine noises spitting on each other....blattttt, vroommmmmm
indydad
Pam, everything in NASCAR is over the top. Overexposure is what's it called.
Ole dad in INDY
Rusty
NASCAR - the WWE of the racing world. happy11.gif

-Rusty smoke.gif
jonwatts
Well NASCAR undoubtedly has it's own wine and cheese crowd. Granted the wine is in a juice box and the cheese is in an aerosol can, but still......
HarveyH
The other night I saw a few seconds about this on the news. wacko.gif Didn't catch the whole blurb, but what I saw looked VERY artistic...
mueba.gif tunez.gif mueba.gif tunez.gif mueba.gif tunez.gif mueba.gif
With enough medication I may recover...
Harvey
F4i
I am still having trouble figuring out where turns 3 and 4 are? It's an oval correct? If you can get two more turns out of every corner a roadrace course has hundreds. laugh.gif
Curvie Roadlover
QUOTE(jonwatts @ Apr 13 2004, 08:03 AM)
Well NASCAR undoubtedly has it's own wine and cheese crowd. Granted the wine is in a juice box and the cheese is in an aerosol can, but still......

lol2.gif
Joe Ricard
Hey now, Take it easy on us red neck race car watchin folks. Let's not forget this is the number one crowd gathering event in the US of A. Bigger than football (NFL is it)? Most tracks are trying to expand the seating seems 120,000 seats ain't enough.

Bonus is there is never a blackout of the game because it ain't sold out. Your team is always playing, they race 34 weeks out of the year not 17 or more if ya get into the play-offs.

Pure marketing genius. Drivers that don't perform on race day don't get the big check either. Got gots to win! or you are out of a job. Let the NFL players live by that contract.
Joe Bob
Hmmm, dancers with Dolly Parton hair and Boobs....ten inch nails and running around in CFM Pumps.....that I gotta see..... mueba.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.