Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Classic 'sport' look
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Rav914
There are many things one can do to enhance the look of a Porsche with vintage racing details. The Early 911S Registry is rife with many examples of modifications emulating the 'sports purpose' car. Some are authentic from the period, others are recreations that work just as well.

The 914/6 GT is the definition of a 'sports purpose' 914. A stock '70 /4 clearly is not. I'd like to bring it up a little bit. Have it look a little cooler, with a little more hp to follow. But keep it narrow bodied.

Drivetrain, I'm where I want to be, for now, with a carb'd 1911 with headers and a dual Triad.

Here are the details I'm thinking about: Lowered. Repaint in original silver. Change wheels to 5-lug KPZ steelies from '69-'70, no hubcaps a la 904. Add the three-stripe 'Porsche' decal on the sides, in red. 'Bosch' stickers on the rear quarters. Yellow Pilot fogs with straight covers, no round hole in them. RSR-type emblem sticker on the hood. GT rear trunk tie down handles. Delete gold letters. 356 Green interior with black cord inserts in the seats.

That's what I'm thinking. Any other ideas???
bandjoey
I like the look but the 1911 is too small with that look idea.gif
nsr-jamie
I think it sounds cool !! Keeping the cars simple is best. I want to build a GT replica car someday but can not afford it so I am just doing little upgrades one at a time. I would like to get some GT door panels with the pull chords on them and bucket seats and a fire extingushier (just in case), for the engine just a nice clean engine with dual carbs looks nice and some dress up parts too like braided lines, Magnecor ignition wires, Bosch blue coil and a thourogh cleaning, wheels I went with 911 early 5.5 inch fuchs...suspension will be tuned later on next year when money allows. The body I am keeping stock with the silver paint and blacked out parts and bumpers...looks cool
VaccaRabite
Put on a duck tail spoiler. IMHO it does a lot to make the car look more like a sports car and less like a bread basket.

Delete the pimply side marker lights.

Add an air dam or some sort of front spoiler.

Add on rally style driving lights.

Paint it green with black stripes.

And this it will look like my car. :-)

Zach
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.