Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Windsheild Washer Electric Motor
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
2-OH!
I am converting 2.0 to electric windshield washer pump...Can any of you six cylinder guys tell me which terminal on the fuse block the pump drives off of and what size fuse...

2-OH!
ArtechnikA
i posted the fuse assignments from the owners' manual in This Thread but it doesn't list washer pump. if i had to guess, it'd be #8.

i can check my wiring diagram tonight if somebody hasn't beat me to it...
SirAndy
don't remember which one i used. just picked one that had 12V after the key was turned. it's not like i need the pump much here in CA wink.gif

Andy
SirAndy
oh, and btw. it'll help alot if you drill a small hole in the black plastic cap on your washer bottle. right now, it has a valve in it that needs pressure (from the spare tire) to open. without that pressure, the sucking of the electrical pump is not enough to open it and you won't get much water sucked out of the bottle. with the small hole, you get plenty of air into the bottle and it'll work much better ...

Andy
Martin Baker
There is an excellent article on how to do this on PP Board. Its step by step. Do you have the 924 switch? It is wired for the pump.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.