Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: static timming mark?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
detoxcowboy
74 2.0 Stock.. What Mark do I use for static timming, the 27 btdc, 5 deg. whihc i do not have, or tdc??
charliew
what the hell is whihc? Static timing is at rest right so the mark for initial timing which is about 7.5 or 10 or 5 would be static initial timimg but of course you need which one. My uneducated guess is 7.5 or 10 unless it's smog and then it might be 0 or 5. 27 degrees is running at about 3k. You could use a light and set it at 27 degrees at 3000-3500 and see where it comes out to at idle and if it runs good there ok. Maybe someone can tell you what the book says.
SLITS
No "static" mark other than the line on the rim of the dizzy for the rotor to point at. Have no idea what the advance is at idle

Your impeller will have a TDC mark ... whether it is a hash mark or a zero stamped into it. I haven't seen one that was not marked with a TDC mark.

7.5 degree mark is for the 1.8 at idle (14.6mm to the right of TDC facing the fan).

27 degree mark for the 1.7/2.0 at 3000 RPM (52.5 mm to the right of TDC facing the fan).
detoxcowboy
I got it timed.. IT is 5 deg. mark for static.. I just played it with twice until it started long enough for me to get to the dizzy and keep it started.. then i check the dwell and timed it with a timing light at 27 deg 3500rpm.. I was hoping to see how close I could get with a static timing 12 volt dummy light..

I was going to be close anyways as I took out the dizzy for a freshening of new parts did so with tdc on #1 so I would not completely loose my self..
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.