Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: I can't locate the video...
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
SpecialK
I was trying to locate a video that was on the PP board a year or so ago (hell, maybe two). It was filmed from the passenger seat and had at least 3 914's and a 911 haulin' ass down some street in CA. It ends with a Renegade V8 914 blasting past the group, and the comment, "We're going to jail!"

I did a search on PP, but I can't seem to find the right keyword.
TheCabinetmaker
Maybe you should ask over there laugh.gif
Dave_Darling
Poke around on the Renegade site, I think they have it there somewhere.

--DD
SpecialK
Thanks Dave, that's where it was.... wink.gif

If you haven't already seen it, you gotta aktion035.gif

Oh, and vsg914.... :finger2: laugh.gif

Okay, it won't let me post the actual clip so...

http://www.renegadehybrids.com/fun.htm

12th slide down...
Joe Bob
That was the Rocket and the Malmzx mobile....Scott did a bonehead pass on Pacific Coast Highway right down the street from the Mailbu Sherriff station.....
TheCabinetmaker
Ok, I just couldn't resist. I'm feeling froggy today.
Joe Bob
I find it funny when I tried to right click the video that they insist I ask permission first....assholes stolle the video themselves and don't have a release from me to use MY image....
campbellcj
Speaking of the Rocket...what the he!! ever happened to the guy that bought it (Tom?)

I thought he was relatively local, like Santa Clarita (Dave Bell territory?) yet we haven't seen him or the car in years??? confused24.gif
SpecialK
Ahhh..So you're the driver Mike?

I thought it was kind of odd myself, I was just trying to cut/paste a link to the video and I got the same BS <_<
Joe Bob
No the driver was the new owner of the Rocket....I was the driver of the white 911 behind it. Tom's son was the videographer.

The Rocket is slowly rusting away in the desert near Lancaster. Sitting outside....No rain tray and the suspension ear filled with water and rusted out....last "I" heard....
campbellcj
NO SHIT?!?!?! What, did he park the (waterproof) Toyota in the garage and leave the fine German steed out in the high desert weather? barf.gif

This might call for a rescue op...iff'n only I had some extra cash, extra room, and way too much free time on my hands blink.gif
Joe Bob
That's the rumor.....Dave Bell said he went by his house and it looks kinda sad. I've offered to buy it back more than twice and he says no.....I let that thing go for 13K and had over 30 in it.....shoulda kept it....but I HAD to have that stoopid tail dragger..... drunk.gif
Gint
I find it funny when I tried to right click the video that they insist I ask permission first....assholes stolle the video themselves and don't have a release from me to use MY image....

I have a local copy. I could make it available here. I'll have to find it though.
Joe Bob
http://www.renegadehybrids.com/fun.htm

It's here, Mike.....

Even though the site says ask permission I just went to my temporary internet files after it played and I saved it....not rocket science..... bootyshake.gif

BTW....what happened that the video doesn't show.....Tom was not REALLY jumping on the throttle....he was shifting at 5800-6000 rpms. That motor pulled hard past 7200......Malmzx in the 300ZX powered 914 backed off a bit while I was about two car lengths behind the Rocket.....

Before the video goes forward you can see the orange V8 honking it on to the left of the white 911.....I crammed on the brakes as did Malmzx.....the orange POS, cut me off, and split between the Malmzx and the Rocket doing 80-90 mh and accelerating.....IN THE FUCKING RAIN .....ON PCH .....IN MAILBU TRAFFIC......
Gint
Even though the site says ask permission I just went to my temporary internet files after it played and I saved it....not rocket science.....

That's a good thing. Your latest link still goes to their site. This will make it easier for anyone that wants to save it (I did a long time ago 'cause it's kinda cool). I uploaded my local copy to the 914club server. You can load it and/or save it from this link to the video.
Bruce Allert
that's a cool video. Liked it the first time I saw it a while back. Still can't figure out how the orange 914 got past the white one when the white car was just beside the car in the right lane... had to be doin some great moves, eh? Seems like there wasn't enough time MDB2.gif

............b
Joe Bob
That's the point...it was a bonehead move. I almost pulled him thru the windwing.....
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.