Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: no affiliation
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WANTED: 914 Cars and Rollers
DanT
car for sale in SF Bay Area

how is this car on price in the current economy?
dr914@autoatlanta.com
cheap if it still has the factory fuel injection and is rust free. Looks GREAT

QUOTE(DanT @ Aug 11 2010, 09:54 AM) *

car for sale in SF Bay Area

how is this car on price in the current economy?

DanT
has complete stock injection

I have personally seen the car and driven it. The trans is one of the smoothest 901s I have ever shifted smile.gif
realred914
shows nice, pretty paint, But not a disirble enigne nor year , low power motor, lots of smog stuff on it, steel wheels are not a bonus. 66k miles is low, but not supper low. why was the tranny needing a rebuild at 66K and the top end needed redoing also???? seems like mechanically the car had some issues before I'd expect them to come up (66K miles, either the miles are higher than stated, or the car was abused????)

use caution on this one. For that high price, I have seen better deals. dont seem like a steal maybe I put it closer to $7000????? just to many negatives for me, the weak motor, the smog stuff, the lack of alloy rims, I prefer the early cars chrome bumpers. There is no center cousul, one more negative for me.

Although the 75 year car is currenlty expempt from smog testing, at anytime the dumb shits in the state house could recend that exemption (it is attempted near every year to roll back smog testing) the 75 and 76 cars would be much more difficult to maintain with testing than the earlier cars. some componetnts are very hard to find, ecspecailly for a 75 and later california car. you should consider this in the purchase of any 75 or 76 914 car in california.

If the economy dont get better, I suspect you will be finding better deals in the future anyway.
tradisrad
i wish my paint looked like that. i also like the tan interior with the green. i am sure it is a good buy, but what about rust?
DanT
QUOTE(tradisrad @ Aug 11 2010, 10:50 AM) *

i wish my paint looked like that. i also like the tan interior with the green. i am sure it is a good buy, but what about rust?

car is very clean underneath....I have seen it with the rockers off and hell holes....all good.
Paint was done by the same shop that painted my Phoenix Red '74 and also my L908 '75 smile.gif
porboy
QUOTE(DanT @ Aug 11 2010, 11:41 AM) *

car is very clean underneath....I have seen it with the rockers off and hell holes....all good.
Paint was done by the same shop that painted my Phoenix Red '74 and also my L908 '75 smile.gif

porboy
QUOTE(porboy @ Aug 12 2010, 03:05 PM) *

QUOTE(DanT @ Aug 11 2010, 11:41 AM) *

I talked to the owner and he was not sure if it had 66K or 166K miles. But I knew his family in high school and I am sure he will stand behind what he is selling.
Cairo94507
That certainly appears to be a very clean car. The only thing that jumped out at me was the door seal needs replacement; no big deal there.

I like the color too. Good luck; it is a buyer's market.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.