Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 74 2.0 Nearly Completed
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WANTED: 914 Cars and Rollers
wayne1234
Well I have been back and forth on this car, I had a "fun" time going through the car , but it just sits, I have so much time taken up by my new business I just plain dont have the time for it anymore. Please look at the build thread "wow my solid car aint so solid" under my user name. it tells the whole story, I want to hide Noting and it documents the repair of the rust. I don't think you will find a car that has the pictures to show what was replaced in a similar manor. Defiantly no hell hole issues here, This car has been completely gone through this past winter, The Hell hole was cut out and replaced the motor mount replaced, Jack plate area repaired, the longs are in outstanding shape. Front trunk floor replaced, due to previous A/C hole. Painted Dupont a few months ago... Fuel tank cleaned and pressure checked, new CB rotary fuel pump. New brake lines, master cyl inspected and re coated, pedal assembly rebuilt with new bushings, New shift bushings, tranny inspected and cleaned shift's very well, New fluid in tranny, New starter, Rebuilt 2.0 with flat top pistons and cylinder jugs AA. RAT Cam. Rebuilt dual weber italy 44, float level correcly set, rain top hats, It has been ran approx 1 1/2 2 hours hour since rebuild for tuning, I believe all the bugs are shaken out! Starts and runs well in the cold, The heater is complete and works. What it needs... carpet kit $120+ a few misc seals on the exterior total is $250(from mikey on here) approx and are readily available o. couple of heater hoses in the engine bay, $50. The seats are in very good shape bit there are a couple of blems the size of a dime... other small odds and ends. all lights work. turn signals in the original fog light... I have a spare parts car as well(selling separate), I also have a set of stock front fenders in very good shape if you wanted to go back to the factory look but were worried about sourcing a set of fenders. Again Please look at the build thread if you are interested Then ask Questions. Thanks I have near perfect door panels, here is how it sits now. The paint came out really nice it is what I would expect from a good body shop, it has a couple of flaws I can point out. Believe me I'm losing my butt on this car. and you have picture documentation of nearly every inch of the car and its repairs so you know what you are actually getting. instead of " yeah the hell hole is solid" the price is $5500. OR BEST OFFER

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment
Yep that is dryer hose I mentioned it needs heater hose pieces in the listing That was just for "testing purposes" flag.gif
SirAndy
Man, that sucks ... After all the work you put into that car!

Good luck with the sale.
beerchug.gif Andy
Cambo
Seems like a good deal. Good luck with the sale. Here's a bump.
carr914
Wayne, I've come back to look at your ad a few times now. While I'm not in love with the slopenose, I don't mind it a bit - of course I like oddball cars, that's why I love 914s. Shame that you are selling after all the work you did.

The one question I have is the color - what is it? Your avatar pic looks bright yellow and the ones in the ad look very pale - lighting maybe? confused24.gif

T.C.
wayne1234
The pic in my avatar is "before" when I first got my car. The color is slightly different it is a 90's VW yellow. Thanks for the kind words guys. No matter what I will always have a special spot in my heart for the 914's. I have had a ton of interest already, Hopefully it will go to a good home.
jim_hoyland
icon_bump.gif That is one sweet car ! smile.gif Good luck with the sale, someones going to get very cool 914....
wayne1234
Send me some offers, I am ready to move it along, Everyone has asked about shipping, my zip is 46158, I have no idea who is a good shipper
carr914
icon_bump.gif for Wayne1234

I was seriously considering buying this car, but I just have too much on my plate right now.

I think someone is going to get a screaming Deal

T.C.
wayne1234
Here is your chanch, I'm picking up a new truck, so for Today Thursday and Friday only, I am having a "sale" on my car. You must be able to pay for the car in cash before Friday afternoon!!!!! Hopefully pick up as well. So send me your I got cash in hand right now offers. I'm in the mood to make it go away. P.S. The parts car is gone it was picked up yesterday! So that is no longer available... I do still have the extra set of factory front fenders if yo want to ever go back to the factory look they are in very good condition and include the wheel house assembly, They are included in the sale for free if you can take them with you biggrin.gif
wayne1234
Sale pending.....all PM's have been answered, I will keep everyone posted Thanks
carr914
Thank You Wayne for all your attention to fix this car. And the thoughly hassle-free transaction that we had. In a way I'm Sad that you did not finish the car, but I'm happy that I can give it a good home. Please watch it evolve, I think will like it ( ask 914rrr what I did to his car - and now it is even better in Wales UK)

Also a Plug for Webster Services for the Transportation Booking. Almost everyone you will talk to about transporting cars ( except Passport etc) are just brokers. But the people at Webster are nice ( 3rd Time I've dealt with them ) and give you the lowest Qoute. Brokers bid out the transport, so why not deal with nice people ?

a note; all the transporters will be late, have a break-down, have a bad case of the #*)@$, etc, so they all equal.

T.C.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.