Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Mounting Rear Spoiler
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
whatabout1
I picked up a used fiberglass rear spoiler. This bolts near the outer edge of the trunk lid.

Anyone have info on how far back on the trunk I can mount it ? Hate to drill before I know.
The bolts are fiberglassed in the spoiler so I can't sit it flush to see.
Any good pics out there ?

carr914
I think they only look good if they are set to the back edge. However to do this you have to go through not only the hood skin but also the support channels.

Click to view attachment
Pat Garvey
QUOTE(whatabout1 @ Aug 12 2010, 05:18 PM) *

I picked up a used fiberglass rear spoiler. This bolts near the outer edge of the trunk lid.

Anyone have info on how far back on the trunk I can mount it ? Hate to drill before I know.
The bolts are fiberglassed in the spoiler so I can't sit it flush to see.
Any good pics out there ?

OK, I'll be the bad boy here (used to it) - why?

Let's see
1. You have to destroy the inner structure of the rear lid (plenty of those avilable, right?)
2. You get what for the effort? A four-banger 914 can't make enough speed to make it worth destroying classic parts!

Throw it in the trash, where it belongs!
Pat
whatabout1
I hear you Pat. But I like the looks. Thanks carr.
tomh
QUOTE(whatabout1 @ Aug 12 2010, 06:09 PM) *

I hear you Pat. But I like the looks. Thanks carr.

Pat said it all:But I wonder if pats pig has a spoiler!
buhs914
Just use a whole crapload of 3M Adhesive tape haha
VaccaRabite
I think that the duck tail spoilers add a ton to the looks of the car. they help to define the front of the car from the back of the car, and break up the "breadbasket" profile. And they are functional at speed, at least a little.

Zach
Steve
I have one on my car and I also like the look, but it would probably make more sense to get a carbon fiber or fiberglass deck lid with it built in.
dflesburg
Its your car. Do what you want. Geez they made 120,000 of the damn things.

jt914-6
I had a fg spoiler bondo'd to a stock rear lid and it was nice looking, but HEAVY. Keep your orignal lid intact. I would sugggest getting the AIR fiberglass rear lid/spoiler. It's light and uses factory mounting and latch. You just can't use the factory hood "springs". Get the rear lid shock kit.

Click to view attachment

Link to AIR......the rear lid with ducktail spoiler.... http://www.americaninternationalracing.com...46&page=106
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.