Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 74 1.8 L-Jet injectors not firing
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
tracer
Hi All,
Trying to get the car back to life, has been 5 years parked in the garage. Dropped engine cleaned everything and put engine back in. Now I can't get it running. I find that the injectors do not fire when cranking. Upon trouble shooting one thread suggested with points closed turn key to run position and use a non-metallic probe to open the points, this should fire the injectors. No luck. I do have 12v measured at the resistor pack to each injector, double relay is picked and grounds are all in place and ecu case grounded as well. I removed the injection loom today and metered all the connections from ecu to all points, all connections have 0 ohms continuity. I was wondering if there was a couple more places for me to check and work towards??
jsayre914
i have been down that road many times.

1> check the fuel pump is working by turning the key on and pushing the afm flap with your hand. it should run constant without any hesitation. my psi is around 28.

2> check the silver square relay over near the battery tray. It has 4 wires going into it. unplug and replug its connector. check if any of the wires have broken loose. this baby makes the injectors fire.

3> take a few pics of the engine bay, and post them so we can think some more biggrin.gif
jsayre914
oh yeah...

welcome.png
zonedoubt
QUOTE(jsayre914 @ Aug 12 2010, 07:56 PM) *

2> check the silver square relay over near the battery tray. It has 4 wires going into it. unplug and replug its connector. check if any of the wires have broken loose. this baby makes the injectors fire.

You mean the resistor pack, right? Not a relay.
jsayre914
yup,

what he said chair.gif
tracer
Thanks all for the attention. I found what my problem was. "I" plugged the wire coming from the ECU to the wrong terminal on the coil, should be on the (-) side and I plugged onto the (+) side. After switching that the cable the pulses from the points now get back to the ECU to tell it to fire the injectors. She is ALIVE!!! aktion035.gif
Drums66
QUOTE(zonedoubt @ Aug 12 2010, 08:15 PM) *

QUOTE(jsayre914 @ Aug 12 2010, 07:56 PM) *

You mean the resistor pack, right? Not a relay.

Yes.....that's what he means!...you can also trip the door in the AFM idea.gif yellowsleep[1].gif stirthepot.gif
but you found it?(problem)
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.