Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Im looking to buy a parts car
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
weird_looking_cactus
Ok so I found a 914 really close to me and I called the guy up and said he will sell it but were both not sure how much its worth. I really need the tranny out of its and tons of other parts.out of its its shifts really good into every gear. Its a 1975 with brand new borsch exhuast from what I can tell the plates even ended this year.
weird_looking_cactus
2dfsf
weird_looking_cactus
dfsdfgsgsgf
ArtechnikA
what kind of wheels ?

parts cars are worth about $500. many of them are owned by people who think they have 'restorable classic sports cars' worth $5000.

[okay - saw the stock steel wheels. $350...]
weird_looking_cactus
sadfasdf
weird_looking_cactus
safdasfdsafd
weird_looking_cactus
adsfasdfaf
weird_looking_cactus
dsafasdfasf
weird_looking_cactus
dsaffasf
weird_looking_cactus
werwqtqtr
SLITS
You say it "shifts real good". Is that mess driveable? You can't tell how good the tranny is by sitting in it and going vroooooom - vrooom with your lips.

Did Taz live in that car for a year or so?

I agree with the $350.00 (or less). If it ran $500.00.

Ok, I'm done
weird_looking_cactus
Yep I was going to tell the guy $300 for it. I think the engine works in cause he's plans were to take the engine out and stick it in another 914 with a supper oil leaky engine.
GaroldShaffer
I agree with the $350.00 (or less). If it ran $500.00.

agree.gif

As a parts car junkie myself, My #1 rule is never pay more than $500 running parts car. The most I paid for a complete but non-op car was $365, usually can get them for $200 or so. Of course you need a way to get it home, store it, part it out, sell excess parts or store them, get rid of plie of left over rust.

-Garold

edit: PS if it runs have him prove it
ArtechnikA
you mean he's trying to sell the roller - without engine ?

if you want the transmission, offer $100 for the transmission.

otherwise, tell him you want the hulk and $250 to take it off his hands.
weird_looking_cactus
He's leaving the engine in it. I have a place to store it at my grandmas house I can tow it there to but it can't stay there for more then a couple months at most so I will have to part it out fast. I have a ebay account also so I should be set. But the thing is he has a brand new exhaust on it I can tell cause the paint looks brand spaken new on it plus the crom looks brand new. So he might want more unless I tell him to take it off and the old exhuast system is in the trunk.
Trekkor
Point of reference:
I got my parts car for $300.

It had for me: good chrome bumpers, gold letters, aux light lenses, interior parts, ext door handles, blah, blah.
Worth $800 to me.

Sold $200 worth of parts and gave away the " free 914" roller with engine and trans complete.

Good deals are to be found.
Now...Looking for the near free Six laugh.gif

I will find it. mueba.gif

trekkor
sanglee007
free car is still in my side yard...I accidentally got employed and now have 12hr days 7days week. OT = fun! smile.gif

good luck finding that free /6!!!

btw, my free has better metal than the one pictured...the only real big problem is the engine bay as Trekkor said in his other posts. overall, the panels are in better shape than my 76 (that runs, but isn't smogged yet...said employment will pay for stuff like that!)

Sang
Chris H.
Nice carb. I'm a broken record here but no more than $350 for that thing. You could break even comfortably or make a few $ at that price.

Here's yet another 914 gone wrong when someone said, "How hard could it be to strip this to bare metal? Hand me the Aircraft Stripper will ya?" Those rear quarters have been without paint for some time.
weird_looking_cactus
QUOTE(Chris H. @ Apr 13 2004, 05:13 AM)
Nice carb. .

This car is fuel injection the metal thing on the throttle body is a air filter. IF you look closer at some of the other pictures you can see the fuel injecters.
Chris H.
Well I'll be damned! See what I get for spouting off? Interesting.
Bleyseng
If you get the 2.0l engine the heads are worth the $350. All the other parts become gravy selling them off.

If you do get it I know a guy looking for heads and maybe the FI.

A complete FI set up is getting harder to find too. See if the air cleaner is around.

Geoff
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.