Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Check out my "new" speedo cable
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
76-914
So I got her ass up on jackstands and removed the busted speedo cable being ever so careful as to not tear the rubber cup seal at the firewall. Only to notice that the new one came with the new cups. Crap, ar15.gif I have to send it back. Do you see it? Friday the 13th bs.gif . I had Pelican check their stock in case they had 73 more just like it shades.gif . Jason was cool and sent it priority. Still, it will set on stands this weekend. I know, I know; this is the last place in the world you'll find sympathy for your car on jackstands.
Click to view attachment

the newer cable is on the inside of the loop
Click to view attachment
underthetire
sorry but I don't see the problem. My last two looked just like your new one and worked fine. They may be slightly longer so becarefull how you route it.
76-914
QUOTE(underthetire @ Aug 13 2010, 04:49 PM) *

sorry but I don't see the problem. My last two looked just like your new one and worked fine. They may be slightly longer so becarefull how you route it.

Look closely.......The rubber cup seals are reversed i.e. the big cup goes to the firewall and the small cup to the tranny. I suppose I could make the small cup seal work at the firewall but it would be akin to stretching a gnat's ass over a rain barrel. idea.gif
underthetire
Your trying too hard biggrin.gif

They both fit over just fine. May not look totally stock, but they do fit. The firewall one actually will fit just inside the tube if you don't feel like stretching a gnats ass.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.