Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Rennshift fitment
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Jerry75914
Hi all,

I'm having some issues with my stock shifter, and thinking about going with the Rennshift. All the reviews are great, so my only question is does it fit well for cars with a center console? Every pic I've seen is in cars that don't have it. Do you have to use the supplied rubber cover, or will the OEM leather one still fit?

Thanks!
ConeDodger
Mine is on a car with a center console. You have to enlarge the hole a bit and reattach the vinyl. With some care, you can enlarge it enough to put the leather or is it vinyl? boot back on.
McMark
It will work with the main portion of the console, but the bottom piece won't fit correctly. This piece is pretty easy to custom fabricate or modify the stock one and recover in vinyl.
Tom
A mid 80's 911SC rubber boot fits over the entire renn-shift and looks pretty good also.
Tom
Jerry75914
thanks all! I just got a repro leather shift boot, so I'm glad to hear I might still be able to use it. I'll probably fab a new piece, I have a ton of left over vinyl that I bought when re-doing the interior.
VaccaRabite
QUOTE(Tom @ Aug 14 2010, 09:37 AM) *

A mid 80's 911SC rubber boot fits over the entire renn-shift and looks pretty good also.
Tom

It is DEAD simple to make a new shift boot for the Rennshift. Got a little black vinyl from JoAnnes (~$6)
I made one in under 1/2 hour, measuring the size and then just sewing up on my wife's machine. Looks great, too.

Zach
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.