Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Where can I buy GT replica door panels?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
nsr-jamie
Hi, I have been doing lots of work on my interior recently, well maybe not a lot but some work and its really coming along nice...my new carpets should be here from A and P. I was thinking about about converting my door panels to those GT type ones with the long pull strap to open the door just like the real GT cars. I have seen some owners have them on their cars and was wondering where do you get them? I contacted A and P and they have no plans of making them and not really sure where can I buy these so I thought I would ask here first....leather would be cool too. Thanks!

Jamie
qa1142
Here: http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?showtopic=7639

http://www.914ap.com/products.php

QUOTE(nsr-jamie @ Aug 14 2010, 01:14 AM) *

Hi, I have been doing lots of work on my interior recently, well maybe not a lot but some work and its really coming along nice...my new carpets should be here from A and P. I was thinking about about converting my door panels to those GT type ones with the long pull strap to open the door just like the real GT cars. I have seen some owners have them on their cars and was wondering where do you get them? I contacted A and P and they have no plans of making them and not really sure where can I buy these so I thought I would ask here first....leather would be cool too. Thanks!

Jamie

brand mountain
these are the ones i recently bought and they are good quality...

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Porsche-914...sQ5fAccessories

the attachment to the release mechanisim is pretty cheap though. you may want to use a small nut and bolt rather than the loop they supply.

+++++

QUOTE(nsr-jamie @ Aug 14 2010, 02:14 AM) *

Jamie

badm
Jamie I got mine from APPBIZ they sell on E-bay and can be had for about $260.00. They work and fit very well. Do a search under 914GT on E-bay I think there is a set up for sale now. BADM.
nsr-jamie
QUOTE(qa1142 @ Aug 14 2010, 07:41 PM) *

Here: http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?showtopic=7639

http://www.914ap.com/products.php

QUOTE(nsr-jamie @ Aug 14 2010, 01:14 AM) *

Jamie

Hi, thanks but unfortunately A and P do not sell the GT ones I am looking for with the pull strap, I just purchased a bunch of goodies from them and they should be here soon. I can't wait. Finally my interior is starting to take shape.
nsr-jamie
Hi Badm, those are the ones!! THANK YOU!!!!!

I checked out the APPBIZ site but it seems to be down for construction but has been like this for the last 3 or 4 months and I couldn't find pictures there....I see they are now selling on ebay, thank you!! I will try to contact them. Cheers

Jamie

QUOTE(badm @ Aug 15 2010, 06:12 AM) *

Jamie I got mine from APPBIZ they sell on E-bay and can be had for about $260.00. They work and fit very well. Do a search under 914GT on E-bay I think there is a set up for sale now. BADM.

NC_Colfax
Jamie...are you the same one who sells the NSR Parts and has the great NSR website......I had 1993 MC21 SP a few years ago.
nsr-jamie
QUOTE(NC_Colfax @ Aug 16 2010, 10:40 AM) *

Jamie...are you the same one who sells the NSR Parts and has the great NSR website......I had 1993 MC21 SP a few years ago.

Hi, yes that is me. I still have the NSR and the site is up still but don't really sell much stuff anymore. Cheers
nsr-jamie
Does anyone have some photos of the GT replica door panels installed on their cars? How about the quality....one thing I don't really like is you can't lock your car from the inside anymore....but I love that look and my door panels are toast. I will try to contact APPBIZ.
JmuRiz
Yeah, they do look great, if someone made some that you could still lock from the inside it'd be perfect for a street/track style car.
nsr-jamie
So anybody have some pictures of these GT door panels installed on a car? Would be nice to see them and hear some feedback on the quality as well if possible. Thanks and cheers beerchug.gif
RON S.

I did mine a few years ago.

I bought the correct material, copied the bezel, and had a leather worker make some straps. It turned out ok.

Ron
RON S.

From the back.

Ron
appbiz
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment

Bob at APPBIZ here
We have 914 GT panels available in Vinyl and leather. We alos make OEM style and RS Style panel sets.
The big difference in ours is that we use a formed steel top section like the factory didin the early cars. I'm attaching pics of the finished panels as well as the OEM Style bare panels showing the formed steel top section that is also used on the GT Style set.
Give me a call if you have questions or Comments

Bob
bob@appbiz.com
310-834-3600

P.S. We also sell individual components if you wish to make your own.
Additionally our opener strap is embossed like the factory strap
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.