Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Boxter muffler
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
raw1298
Has anyone put one on a type IV? It looks to fit with little modification.
okieflyr
Do a search on it, there is someone in NJ I believe that did. The car is a really nice silver with good craftsmanship.
roadster fan
QUOTE(okieflyr @ Aug 14 2010, 06:56 PM) *

Do a search on it, there is someone in NJ I believe that did. The car is a really nice silver with good craftsmanship.

That car has a 3.6 and is currently listed in the classified section. Beautiful car. The boxster muffler is big, it could be done but would require modified headers etc i would think.

Jim
zambezi
My cars not done yet but have already test fit and run the car with the boxster muffler. Here are a few pics I have of it.
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
zambezi
couple more. I will be adding mesh grills on each side of the exhaust in the rear valance to help the engine heat escape. I made the valance lower to cover the exhaust more and it gives the car a lower appearance. I have heard that the shorter the valance or lack of helps to keep the engine temps down but I like the looks of the lower valance so I hope the vents work satisfactorily.
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
raw1298
QUOTE(zambezi @ Aug 15 2010, 09:53 PM) *

couple more. I will be adding mesh grills on each side of the exhaust in the rear valance to help the engine heat escape. I made the valance lower to cover the exhaust more and it gives the car a lower appearance. I have heard that the shorter the valance or lack of helps to keep the engine temps down but I like the looks of the lower valance so I hope the vents work satisfactorily.
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment

The valence looks nice. Thanks for the pics. How does it sound with the 4 cylinder? I am lookiing for something quiet with a low rumble.
zambezi
QUOTE(raw1298 @ Aug 16 2010, 08:12 AM) *

QUOTE(zambezi @ Aug 15 2010, 09:53 PM) *

Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment

The valence looks nice. Thanks for the pics. How does it sound with the 4 cylinder? I am lookiing for something quiet with a low rumble.

Exactly that. It is pretty quiet and has a deep tone. I have not driven it at road speeds yet to determine overall sound but have driven many true boxsters and like their sound. I figure volume wise the two cars are similar even though the boxster is a 6 cylinder. The boxster this came off was a base 2.5 liter and my car is a 2056, so not that much difference. Performance wise it may not be the best choice but that is not my ultimate goal. Sound looks and comfort are my main priorities. I hope to have the car completely done by the end of the year so I can start enjoying the car next year.
JIM
veltror
There is one for sale on German Ebay

http://cgi.ebay.de/Porsche-914-914-6-Sport...le_Zubeh%C3%B6r
raw1298
Picked one up locally for $60.00 . This will be a winter project smile.gif .
jimkelly
two words - speed bumps

Brando
A muffler that makes it look like a vagina on the back of your teener... Nothanks, I'd rather go with a 2-in 2-out setup. or 2-out banana muffler.
PlaysWithCars
Wow! For $60 has anyone looked at cutting one open to see if the inlets could be moved to the front of the muffler and hook directly to the heat exchangers instead of all the work Zambezi did to turn the exhaust to enter from the side?
raw1298
The listing on german ebay has been reworked to fit the heat exchanger. I opted for local to save shipping. I actually like the look, but more so the sound that I should get from the setup.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.