Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Early days for early buyers
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pat Garvey
I took delivery of my 72 1.7 in August of '72. The 2.0's were on the lot when I took delivery. Couldn't afford it, but the dealer offered to take the Fuchs of of one & put hem on my car for 200 bucks. Couldn't afford it (at the time, I didn't like them either).
Two years later, the delership changed hands. I was heavilly involved with PCA & courted the new owner. We made buds of each other & I liked his approach.

I'd bought a 70E Sporto in between & they did right by me on maintenance.

Then (yes, I did it) I became enamored with the 924. This dealer had a one-armed salesman (Tim) who could scare the hell out of you! Lost the arm from the elbow down in Vietnam, but was a Titan behind the wheel. Bought the car & never regretted it (until it was killed in an accident). Underpowred (where have we heard that), but a great auto-x car in the day. Two years of love & I sold it to yhe guy who blew my E engine! Never heard about again, but won a bunch of auto-x trophies with it.
okieflyr
So was it a Porsche/Audi dealership like we had in our town back in the day?
plas76targa
Was this the You Been Had dealership? That was a poor nick name for one dealership in the Philly area. I can think of another who made a name in racing. Pat, you'll have to share more of these stories Saturday.
jim_hoyland
Hey Pat,

Did you take any pictures ?
Drums66
QUOTE(jim_hoyland @ Aug 15 2010, 06:26 AM) *

Hey Pat,

Did you take any pictures ?

Yes.....with a super 8 LOL laugh.gif

c'mon Pat smile...you got 1 before me? shades.gif 85'
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.