Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: a perfect dogtooth - for reference purposes only
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
jimkelly
a perfect dogtooth - for reference purposes only
Cupomeat
Ooooh, I wish I had this picture a few months ago!

Veeddddy NIIIIICE! piratenanner.gif
whatabout1
Drool !!! I wish had got a new set 30 yrs ago when they were just expensive. blink.gif
damnfiknow
Now, how do you get the worn edge of a syncro band to snap in so that you can put the hold down washer on? My neighbor says to just buy new bands. He, of course, drives a Chevy with auto.
Marlow
It was suggested in another thread to wrap a zip-tie around the synchro ring, compressing the synchro ring slightly. Once you've got the retaining ring on, cut the zip-tie.

Haven't tried this but it sounded like it would work.
pcar916
QUOTE(damnfiknow @ Aug 16 2010, 04:53 PM) *

Now, how do you get the worn edge of a syncro band to snap in so that you can put the hold down washer on? My neighbor says to just buy new bands. He, of course, drives a Chevy with auto.

Zip ties work great... one for 914 synchros actually, since they're all the same size. A 915 has more than one diameter synchro.

Once it's the right size you don't have to cut it because it just slips off after it's fastened down. Then you can slip it over the next one while compressing it with your fingers.

Good luck
jimkelly
bad and good teeth - slider dogteeth
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.