Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Question for both ends of the air pump
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
jeffdon
My 2056 is on the road, rings seem to be seating, but damn, its loud, and I have not fitted the old KN air filters onto the 40 IDFs.

Whats the current wisdom on which filters to run? And for a burcsh style exhaust, what sort of muffler. Want to tone down the noise a bit.

pcar916
QUOTE(jeffdon @ Aug 15 2010, 07:50 PM) *

My 2056 is on the road, rings seem to be seating, but damn, its loud, and I have not fitted the old KN air filters onto the 40 IDFs.

Whats the current wisdom on which filters to run? And for a burcsh style exhaust, what sort of muffler. Want to tone down the noise a bit.

Well, put on something rather than no air filter at all. You're scratchin' pistons and cylinder walls right now.

The 4-cylinder guys will have opinions on the exhaust based on how loud you want it to be. Bursch isn't the quietest but I've heard plenty of 4-cylinder drivers and mechanics over the years tell me it makes good power with the dual 40's.

Good luck
jeffdon
QUOTE(pcar916 @ Aug 16 2010, 10:08 AM) *

QUOTE(jeffdon @ Aug 15 2010, 07:50 PM) *

Well, put on something rather than no air filter at all. You're scratchin' pistons and cylinder walls right now.

The 4-cylinder guys will have opinions on the exhaust based on how loud you want it to be. Bursch isn't the quietest but I've heard plenty of 4-cylinder drivers and mechanics over the years tell me it makes good power with the dual 40's.

Good luck

Only got about half an hour of driving, but for now, going to put the old KNs on.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.