Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Vacuum Hoses
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
zy84
I have a question about the vacuum hoses. I searched previous threads and found some helpful stuff. I see there are kits available. My question: Is there anything special about these hoses? Are these something I can get at a local auto parts store by the foot or do I really need to find hoses made for the 914?

I tried clamping the ones I have but they are way to old and are basically crumbling.

Thanks.

Also what do you all think about moving the ignition coil to a different spot?
windforfun
The hose kits are handy. Everything is the right diameter & length. The routing diagram is helpful too. The hose isn't anything special. As far as the coil goes, keep it stock. There might be some RFI issues if you move it. Maybe not.
Cap'n Krusty
The biggest issue with locally sources is the fit. Most, if not all, of the hose carried by your FLAPS is gonna be in inch dimensions, what you need are metric sizes. The German stuff is better, too.

The Cap'n
avidfanjpl
Totally agree on the kits and them being German in origin.

When I got my car, all the hoses were thrashed. Even the 4 large hose fittings to the FI Throttle Body.

Made all the difference in the world.

I bought the AA kit, then the fuel hose kit, then some more pieces, and even some fittings that were split.

When they go bad, nothing works right.

John
zy84
Thanks for the input
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.