914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Jakeodoule
http://www.adamcarolla.com/CarCastBlog/201...-pelican-parts/

kinda cool interview.
Drums66
..Nice car pic's(959)
thank you! shades.gif thumb3d.gif

Have'nt seen wayne in a long long time.
P.S. wonder if he still has the black 914?
carr914
Drums, the link took you to an interview with Wayne's Black 914-6 conversion.

Anybody else notice how badly done the flares were?
SLITS
Last I heard he was into the 959 and "F" cars ... six went away, but what do I know.
carr914
The fact they were talking about the new Boxster Spyder leaves me to believe the interview was done very recently
scotty b
QUOTE(carr914 @ Aug 16 2010, 03:20 PM) *

They look a bit high to me
DanT
I was starting to think it was just me,,,,,but those flares and a few other details left me kind of flat...
Drop in a 3.2L and don't even put a sport muffler or something with some bark?
siverson
> Last I heard he was into the 959 and "F" cars ... six went away, but what do I know.

He also just bought a 962.
Cap'n Krusty
Biz must be good, and profits high ...................

The Cap'n
jmill
QUOTE(carr914 @ Aug 16 2010, 06:20 PM) *

I was surprised when he said they were steel. They looked like glass bonded on. For a guy that can get almost anything you'd figure he'd fill the bumper holes or slap some tits on.

It was a good interview anyhow.
campbellcj
QUOTE(Cap'n Krusty @ Aug 16 2010, 05:30 PM) *

Biz must be good, and profits high ...................

The Cap'n

Who really knows...I've heard rumors of the exact opposite over the past number of years. I can't imagine that margins are great on most of the parts they carry, and chronic screwups in order execution and customer service have lost them customers (including me). They must be doing something right though to have stayed in business more than 10 years -- a rare feat for small bootstrapped businesses.
ArtechnikA
QUOTE(campbellcj @ Aug 17 2010, 02:06 AM) *

They must be doing something right though to have stayed in business more than 10 years.

Not drawing any parallels but - that is exactly the mindset that has kept MotorMeister in business for so long. (And besides - how could they not be rolling in dough at the prices they charge ? shades.gif )
John
QUOTE(carr914 @ Aug 16 2010, 03:20 PM) *

You would think that they would have ground down the welds before painting......
roadster fan
yeah and the engine lid was tweaked pretty good too. Oh well, probably goes like a bat oughta hell anyway. I personally have never had an issue with any order from Pelican other than some of those prices!

Jim
Eric_Shea
They look a bit high to me

The flares or the pants? biggrin.gif
Drums66
QUOTE(SLITS @ Aug 16 2010, 04:33 PM) *

Last I heard he was into the 959 and "F" cars ... six went away, but what do I know.

...I think you are hip !:thumbsup:
but I'm not in the Know!?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.